"Old Knives"

veitsi_poika veitsi_poika danno50 danno50 @Augie Great old jacks guys! @Augie I really like that big ol propeller shield on the Hammer!

Just got this Miller Bro’s single blade barehead jack in cocobolo I believe. “OUR GEM” etched pretty deep(or stamped?) on the blade face. 3 3/8” with steel pins and liners. The bolster is just a slight bit longer than the ones on most bareheads.

Last edited:
Great knives Dan and Kevin, Dan I have a Winchester dog leg that I swear is a dead ringer to that KK, beautiful knife.

Picked up a couple easy opens this week, a Schrade Cut Co and a New York Knife Co, both in nice condition but the NYK has a very nice etch..

View attachment 1130134 View attachment 1130136 View attachment 1130138 View attachment 1130141 View attachment 1130142 View attachment 1130147

Augie, I am pretty sure that my dogleg KK is Winchester manufactured. Those are two exceptional jacks, especially the NYK with the Hammer Brand etch!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful Miller Bros., kkai76!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Fantastic etch!

I also picked up an easy open this week. :thumbsup:

PAL US Navy Utility

28GJh4d.jpg

KP94x5i.jpg

Kai
Instant cult classic !!!!! Man o man is that sweet :eek::eek::eek:

Paul
Goodness that is one fine specimen

Steve
Rockin it

Campbellclanman Campbellclanman veitsi_poika veitsi_poika TheChunk91 TheChunk91 danno50 danno50 Gevonovich Gevonovich
Thanks so much for the nice words guys! This barehead may be the oldest knife I have. I’m trying to date this knife so any help from you knowledgeable folks here will be appreciated. The tang stamp is as follows:

MILLER
BRO’S
CUTLERY

“Meriden” is not stamped and I’ve read somewhere that Miller Bro’s started using the “Meriden” stamp after they moved production to Meriden in the late 1870’s or so, IIRC. So I’m wondering if that indicates this knife was made before the move? Or maybe the stamp on my knife was still used even after the move to Meriden??

TheChunk91 TheChunk91 Beautiful peach seed on that stock knife Paul. And it’s minty fresh too!:thumbsup:

SteveC SteveC Nice Pal EO Steve. I like the big nail nick on the main blade. Sure makes it a real Easy to Open EO!:)

Paul - that Schrade is gorgeous!!!! What a supreme example!

Steve - nice Pal :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kai when I looked at your Miller the stamp and font looked very early, I just don’t know enough to date without referencing!

Campbellclanman Campbellclanman Duncan, if you happen to find out more info on dating my knife, please do let me know and thank you! I think I’ve seen the same tang stamp like the one on my knife, on a couple of pruners either on here or on AAPK, but with no mention of age. Either way, this knife has been around at least more than twice as long as I have! Heck, it could be even 3 times my age?! I’m 42 btw...

Nick

Back