"Old Knives"

r8shell, always nice to see knives posted that are over the 100 year mark.
JJCahil, wonderful pair of Robesons.
Kai76, great old NYK toothpick with some beautiful bone.
V.P., another nice old NYK toothpick model.

Pre-WWII folders with slant bolsters are not terribly common, but do add an interesting design element to a knife.
Here is a 1920s to 1930s era Boker slant bolster model with nice jigged bone handles and a blade etch still visible.

BF Boker Slant Bolster .jpg

JJCahil, wonderful pair of Robesons.
Thank you! :D
Pre-WWII folders with slant bolsters are not terribly common, but do add an interesting design element to a knife.
Here is a 1920s to 1930s era Boker slant bolster model with nice jigged bone handles and a blade etch still visible.
That great old Boker EE Jack is outstanding! The beautiful bone covers work perfectly with those slant bolsters;)

Thanks, waynorth, JJ Cahill, and Campbellclanman!!! "do the rick" is a new one to me. :)
Nice examples of slant bolster Schrade models, tongueriver, and interesting how the slants are in different configurations from one knife to another.
Good looking older Opinel, Captvideo.
Fine older American made Boker camper model, V.P., I've got a thing for Bokers. :)

Just spent the last couple of hours catching up on this thread, lots of great knives posted in the last week or so!

lambertiana: some lovely Ulsters and a Southington, what's not to like. I really like the color of the worn bone on the bone handled Ulster jack!:thumbsup:. Also great bone on the Queen.

J.J.Cahill: nice Scout cousins! Also two great Robeson Pocketeze pens!:thumbsup:

Kai76: beautiful Empire jack, I like a bar shield on ebony! Really great NYK ebony congress pen and as you pointed excellent hafting!:thumbsup: Also a really nice NYK toothpick with the double ringed bolster and the multi ringed cap!

Duncan: great pruner, whomever made it! Beautiful old Cambridge and Co. jack, great old bone!:thumbsup: Very nice stag on the Anton Wingen Jr. hunter.

hoyer: interesting lock on the William Rogers, also really like that sabre clip blade!:thumbsup:

Lloyd: two great electrician's knives!:thumbsup:

Augie: lovely Catt with the Klein etch! Two beautiful ebony jacks, love them both!:thumbsup:

Herder: very nice Challenge jack with the rattail bolsters and interesting jigging!:thumbsup: Great Anton Wingen camper! I also have, what I believe is a pre WWII Boker canoe jack with bolsters that are slanted, ringed and pinched. I will try to get pics tomorrow and post them.

Kevin: beautiful pair of Ulster sailor's knives!:thumbsup: The Boker Scout is no slouch either@

eisman: very nice photos and a great Vanco jack!:thumbsup:

Old Engineer and r8shell: love those old Oates barlows!:thumbsup: I had my eyes out for old barlows at the OKCA show this year, but there were none to be seen.

Tongueriver: two great Schrade Cut Co stockman knives!:thumbsup:

Yeah- Pretty Cool old Boker Dan!

Herder- my above post was meant to say "trick" not rick lol!

Calvin- once again your lovely Schrades are a treat to see!

Last edited:
Back