"Old Knives"

I'm going to have to shift into a much higher gear to keep up with this thread lately. :)
r8shell, Thanks, and that is a fine and fairly rare Boker Premium Stockman with a punch blade.
tongueriver, Another good old Boker Cattle knife and Whittler.
That was a good article on Boker In "Knife Magazine" many years ago, but there is a new book out on Boker with quite a bit more information and several guides to date a Boker knife.
Misplaced Hillbilly, Nice Klaas Kissing Cranes whittler, The German Klaas company sure made some fine knives also.
JJ Cahill, Nice old Robeson and very interesting to hear of the various markings and connections to other countries.
V.P., Elegant pearl Ulster.
kai76, nice bone handled pen knife pair.
Campellclanman, Fantastic Sta-Sharp knives!!! you are certainly correct that these Camillus made models were absolutely top notch.
Here is the back side picture of the Boker punch blade that you asked about.

BF Boker Cattleman Punch .jpg

Wow- that's a nice Klaas Herder- thank you for posting the Picture of the Punch on that Stunning Knife!

Wow- Nick my friend those two Pens are gorgeous- just gorgeous - nice to have them with those older stamps too! well done!

Jeff, I am trying to source Camillus Catalogs- but having trouble my friend, I think(?) that these may be 1940's I really am not too sure- there is lots of information I remember looking up but never cataloged it- I will when I find what I want !

Thank you for the nice comments on the Camillus Knives folks!

Here is a trio of Cattle Knives very much like the One I displayed last page..

ZA5QKSc.jpg

Another Beauty that I have posted some time before- Camillus 5 bladed Beauty...The Bone on this Knife is just something else...

4CApDIT.jpg

pkb6Q4t.jpg

8R76ek3.jpg

as you can see it's another Sta - Sharp - I really think these knives are something else!!
gXeGpQS.jpg

JtZoaMN.jpg

Wow- that's a nice Klaas Herder- thank you for posting the Picture of the Punch on that Stunning Knife!

Wow- Nick my friend those two Pens are gorgeous- just gorgeous - nice to have them with those older stamps too! well done!

Jeff, I am trying to source Camillus Catalogs- but having trouble my friend, I think(?) that these may be 1940's I really am not too sure- there is lots of information I remember looking up but never cataloged it- I will when I find what I want !

Thank you for the nice comments on the Camillus Knives folks!
Beatiful knives!:thumbsup:
I'm sure you have seen this link to some of Camillus' older catalogs Duncan, but just in case.
http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Catalogs/Catalogs.htm

That was a good article on Boker In "Knife Magazine" many years ago, but there is a new book out on Boker with quite a bit more information and several guides to date a Boker knife.
Thank you. The new Boker book is a fantastic resource. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another Beauty that I have posted some time before- Camillus 5 bladed Beauty...The Bone on this Knife is just something else...
Wow Duncan, you have shown an amazing group of Camillus made knifes that are all of museum grade!!! Your five bladed "Sta-Sharp" cattle knife must truly be a extremely rare find! Thank you for continuing to share these exquisite pieces from your collection, as they are obviously in great hands!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love that Challenge HJ Hillbilly.

I just got in a few camillus Knives and thought I would try to make some mad dashes in and out of the pouring rain today- we did have some breaks where the Sun came out- I didnt have the time to chose and set up a good lighting area- it was either real bright Sunlight - or - Dull!

Two nice Cattle Knives by Camillus, this first one was from the Camillus own Factory Display a Three Bladed Beaut, now the direct sunlight when just touching on a mark made it look like scratches - please know that this Knife is actually Mint! Never used of course and it's such a pleasure to have this Knife!I'm so sorry the Photos do no Justice to the Knife whatsoever- but I took photos in a very rushed manner in different light to try and help us look at the Knife.
Highly Polished from Factory these Blades walk and Talk like nothing else, Big thick Springs with Steel liners, Tang Stamp of HIGH CARBON STEEL, USA.
Main blade is etched as you can see CRAFTSMAN STA SHARP 9484.
As we know Sta Sharp are always a nice Knife and the seller whom I know reminded me that anything with Sta Sharp Camillus put that extra effort into- it shows! This Knife still has factory Oil in the Joints!...:thumbsup:

VERlf11.jpg

DRFs6LJ.jpg

ma2FMR3.jpg

6ihrfqY.jpg

Please forgive the quick wipe marks on the Blades in the Photo's below - Showers - and trying to fly through the motions :oops:
The is very cool Spey Blade is Pristine....

0Uhq2Je.jpg

What some would call the norm in Rogers Stag Bone- This Knife has some very nice Bone- just so much to like in this Knife that is in exceptional Condition completely throughout!

Duncan my friend, I complain how I don't have time to reply as often as I'd like to but man o man, LOOK AT THESE WONDERFUL KNIVES!!!:eek::eek::eek: Not just a pretty face my friend (which I know you hear daily from Sue):oops::D But I LOVE the in depth history you include with the knives you picture. This compliment goes out to many here in this thread as well.

I love this thread yet have found that I have strayed from my vintage roots...SHAME on ME!!! although I pop in often just to drool....ahh, GAZE at such amazing knives that leads to what modern production knives truly owe their success to:thumbsup:

I thought this knife was an interesting piece as it is both connected to Germany and England and was manufactured in the US. Through the outstanding Robeson research of Charlie Noyes, I was able to narrow down the manufacturing timeline of a fairly unusual Robeson I have. This scout model has 3 different tang stamps (each from different eras) and a fourth "Patent" tang stamp that make for an interesting mystery.

The first tang stamp on the cap/tin opener was used by Millard Robeson in 1896-99, a time when he was also having knives produced in Germany and England; ROBESON over CUTLERY:

The next tang stamp is the Patent date of Apr 25 05 as seen on the punch (pile side):

Another, lengthwise view of the pile side showing the main blade and the flathead driver/file has the 1900-16 tang stamp; ROBERSON (curved) over CO and CUTLERY:

And the final tang stamp on the main blade has the markings from 1911-21; ROBESON over SHUREDGE (script) over Rochester NY. This was the tough one as once I researched all the "script" stamps, I noticed that after 1921 the tail of the "g" did not cross the "underline." Here it plainly does with the top of the Y, from NY, peeking through. My best guess is this was manufactured in 1916, though it could be as late as 1921.:rolleyes:

Btw, I bumped the contrast on this final image to enhance the visual detail. I hope someone finds this as interesting as I did since I'm following in the visual footsteps of giants, in this thread!!!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
WOW!!! Just a fantastic knife:thumbsup::cool::cool::cool:

Thank you. The new Boker book is a fantastic resource. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you r8shell, for your kind comments!!!

Campbellclanman, More wonderful examples my friend, and that lovely 5-blade Craftsman cattle knife is a pretty rare bird.

Back