"Old Knives"

Ditto everything Duncan so ably expressed about the above posted knives! This thread does not disappoint—some real beauties lately:thumbsup:

Here is an antique H & B MFC. Co. large or jumbo jack. I would guess this folder is well over one hundred years old. It is a real handful with massive springs. The primary spear point blade rides on a spring that is 3/16 inches wide. This is wider than any spring on even Folding Hunters I have. The pull on the primary is just shy of being a nail breaker. Both blades snap open and close with a fierceness that is breathtaking:eek: The jack is 4 inches closed and has Cocobolo handles. The blades are full with little evidence of much sharpening or blade loss.
View attachment 1176275 View attachment 1176276 View attachment 1176277 View attachment 1176278 View attachment 1176279 View attachment 1176280 View attachment 1176281

Great knife Lloyd, those Jumbo jacks are incredible knives, built like a tank.

Some fun little knives with interesting mechanisms:
Jet Knife Corp.
02HRyeE.jpg

AG9OR3C.jpg

iCzjcns.jpg

HlBwwih.jpg

B&B Imp.
4YEiUGq.jpg

w0xlHTG.jpg

PjF3L35.jpg

azv1D0B.jpg

Little advertising knife from Louis Timm, 12 East North St., Danville Illinois (Does anyone know who Louis Timm was?)
djcWHZX.jpg

w7DlALU.jpg

HJDO8ds.jpg

Thank you very much Cal for the kind comment! Much appreciated and valued coming from a man who knows his antique and vintage knives:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice one, Steve!:thumbsup: My best guess would be that it was made by the Walden Knife Co., pre early 1920s. I am basing this on the lack of a pattern number on the pile side of the main blade (just a simplistic theory of mine). Could also possibly be Winchester made.
If it is 3 5/8" long it is likely a K3278, which Sellens says was made between 1905 and 1934.
If it is 3 3/8" long it is likely a K3553, which Sellens says was made between 1921 to 1941.

Nice one, Steve!:thumbsup: My best guess would be that it was made by the Walden Knife Co., pre early 1920s. I am basing this on the lack of a pattern number on the pile side of the main blade (just a simplistic theory of mine). Could also possibly be Winchester made.
If it is 3 5/8" long it is likely a K3278, which Sellens says was made between 1905 and 1934.
If it is 3 3/8" long it is likely a K3553, which Sellens says was made between 1921 to 1941.

I think it's 3 3/4"

Friends, I just got the OK from my cardiologist that all the tests were good and the surgery is still on for my spinal fusion on Friday morning. Huge thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes! I'm confident that I will see great results and much relief after the surgery. :thumbsup: :)

Friends, I just got the OK from my cardiologist that all the tests were good and the surgery is still on for my spinal fusion on Friday morning. Huge thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes! I'm confident that I will see great results and much relief after the surgery. :thumbsup: :)
Continued prayers :thumbsup::)

Back