"Old Knives"

More great stuff, Herder; Does ARBOLITO mean 'little tree,' and were knives marked so always/sometimes/ made or partially made in Argentina?

Thank you for asking that Question- actually better than I would have Cal as I too have been wondering this! :)

More great stuff, Herder; Does ARBOLITO mean 'little tree,' and were knives marked so always/sometimes/ made or partially made in Argentina?

Thank you, and yes Arbolito translates to "Little Tree" in Spanish.
We spent years gathering information and research material for the Boker book and found it a very complicated and equally fascinating story.
Basically, there were two seperate Boker companies (one in Germany and one in the United States) with off-shoots in Canada and Mexico that were all run by Boker family relatives.
The "Arbolito" name was used on German made knives which were primarily meant for the Mexican and South American markets, and distributed through "Casa Boker" in Mexico starting in 1865.
It wasn't until 1983 that Boker had knives made in Argentina through a joint venture with the Saltzman family in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I would certainly recommend and appreciate the purchase of the new boker book which has a great deal of history and information along with many beautiful knives shown and charts to date them.

BF Boker Book Pair .jpg

I got one! Should have know Cals question - I totally blame the Hospital drugs!

A quick note:
We are really lucky to have among us a few Knife Book Authors - embrace this mighty privilege- two books so bought with me to Hospital - this was one of them.
The Böker Book pictures above should be considered the Bible on anything relating to the Amazing Böker Brand.
Both Neal Punchard and Ricky Ray did an exceptional job resulting in an Amazing Book.

325-6

Case%2520325-6.JPG

Thank you tongueriver, waynorth, and Campbellclanman, and thanks for owning the Boker book!!! :thumbsup:
There are so many intelligent and knowledgeable enthusiasts on this forum including authors of various works as Duncan suggested.
Subscribing to knife magazines and purchasing books is a great way to help support the hobby that we all enjoy.

Thank you tongueriver, waynorth, and Campbellclanman, and thanks for owning the Boker book!!! :thumbsup:
There are so many intelligent and knowledgeable enthusiasts on this forum including authors of various works as Duncan suggested.
Subscribing to knife magazines and purchasing books is a great way to help support the hobby that we all enjoy.
Neil, ordered last night, excited for it to arrive:thumbsup: love my switchblade book you gifted me:thumbsup::cool:

WOW North Shore!!! a first for me, I had not seen the knife stamp before , let alone the bolster:thumbsup: very:cool:

Back