"Old Knives"

Dang that NYKC jack is awesome. I can't quite put my finger on it, (not meant to be a knife pun) it has a really good balance of nice patina and a good amount of shininess to it without overdoing it... if that makes sense lol

I have had a few new arrivals, but haven't quite had the energy to take any photo's as of lately- the last couple of days dashing in and out of the Sun and Rain Bursts have at least keep up my Daily exercise requirements that's for sure :D

I really like this old Knife, from what I can gather from Schrade's Catalog E, this is pre 1930's #1253Chain.

Schrade Cut Co, Walden, N.Y.

A boys Knife with its intact original Chain, absolutely gorgeous Pic Bone ( Pre Peach Seed? ) - Well the Face side seems to be Pic Bone- but I recall Charlie and? having a dicussion of another type of Jig from Schrade - now waynorth waynorth Charlie did you call it Basket Weave?- Im not sure- But the Pile side Jig work seems to join up a lot more-so than Pic Bone Jig? Comments anyone?

The Blade has wear but I just think this whole unit is absolutely Great! I tried the fastener on a Button of my Shirt- Perfect - then slotted the knife into my RF Pants pocket - What a brilliant idea this was to have as a safety - at least Im guessing this to be the correct way of wearing the Chain?
ApVWYs7.jpg

AaDg8io.jpg

ZM7Phbk.jpg

PoHdzTk.jpg

GAMkhf3.jpg

Henckels, an early Folder - unfortunately the Pen Blade is broken, but I couldn't resist the Beauty that this Old Lock-Back Knife still exhibits, and I think in an Henckels Display - this Knife would Not look out of place in anyway- especially with that stunning Stag!A used and Honest Knife and imo a Grand Knife...

NYGfeiO.jpg

5VRfTz7.jpg

This Knife has a Massive-Thick Spring - co joining the Lockback and joining perfectly with the Thick Spine of the Main Blade - beautifully crafted.

DpHXMur.jpg

RrQ6MGu.jpg

Heres a Henckels that I am very pleased to get hold of, Stamped, Henckels Zwillingswerk, a Knife made for the more Local Market? also stamped Deutsches Armeemesser - speaking to our friend Herder- he let me know that this doesn't not mean its an official German Military Knife- rather one that they could purchase individually.
The making of this Knife is something else - the Stag is simply Gorgeous- the small touches added to such a knife is impressive- every Brass Liner is Coined, note the nice touch of a Fancy Shoulder to the long slim Marlin Type Spike, even the tops of the extra wee tools- the Pick and the Tweezers that slot into the Stag Handle are still there- and have wee fancy shaped tops, the walk and Talk of this Knife is superb and I am so happy to add this great Knife to my Henckels Collection....

There's a LOT of Metal packed into this Stout Frame!

vu8UsEp.jpg

vgd7ADW.jpg

You can see that nice "Shoulder of the Spike- Top Right...
IWD5Bp3.jpg

6D83R3x.jpg

OxqJYF4.jpg

BeZ0zLM.jpg

The Main is a Lockback- and to close it- one must depress the "Hoofpick" Hinge down to release the Blade.

I really really like this Knife! Hope you have enjoyed viewing it!

I have some nice Sta-Sharps by Camillus to post up soon!

Last edited:
Beautiful Schrades and Henckels knives, Duncan!!:thumbsup: Thanks for showing them to us!
That last Henckels can't be an official Military issue, unless it's for officers, or some elite corps!!
It's too nice!!!:)

Back