1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 44 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

"Old Knives"

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by VCM3, Jan 21, 2008.

1. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Very nice Paul, how neat to carry that ol girl and have her back in service:cool::thumbsup:

redsparrow and TheChunk91 like this.
  2. North Shore

North Shore Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Dang that NYKC jack is awesome. I can't quite put my finger on it, (not meant to be a knife pun) it has a really good balance of nice patina and a good amount of shininess to it without overdoing it... if that makes sense lol

kai76 likes this.
  3. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    @North Shore Thank you, and yes I totally get what you mean!:)

Here’s a Challenge teardrop jack in cocobolo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    That is one Heck of a Jack there Nick- Stunning!
    That is what I consider a real Jack!

kai76 likes this.
  5. kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    Campbellclanman likes this.
  6. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Whew!
    Paul - thats a gorgeous Barlow my friend!

TheChunk91 likes this.
  7. danno50

danno50 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Another beautiful knife, Nick!

8. CNoyes

CNoyes

May 30, 2009
    That Challenge is simply beautiful.

9. kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    @danno50, @CNoyes Dan and Charlie, I appreciate the nice comments, thank you!

10. North Shore

North Shore Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Very nice looking wood they used @kai76, I have the sister knife
    challenge 14.png

11. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Very Nice North Shore! Beautiful Full Bladed Stunner there my friend!

12. kai76

Jun 5, 2009
    @North Shore Now that’s a KNIFE!! Killer specimen:thumbsup::thumbsup: Love the shield!

13. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
  14. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    I have had a few new arrivals, but haven't quite had the energy to take any photo's as of lately- the last couple of days dashing in and out of the Sun and Rain Bursts have at least keep up my Daily exercise requirements that's for sure :D

I really like this old Knife, from what I can gather from Schrade's Catalog E, this is pre 1930's #1253Chain.

Schrade Cut Co, Walden, N.Y.

A boys Knife with its intact original Chain, absolutely gorgeous Pic Bone ( Pre Peach Seed? ) - Well the Face side seems to be Pic Bone- but I recall Charlie and? having a dicussion of another type of Jig from Schrade - now @waynorth Charlie did you call it Basket Weave?- Im not sure- But the Pile side Jig work seems to join up a lot more-so than Pic Bone Jig? Comments anyone?

The Blade has wear but I just think this whole unit is absolutely Great! I tried the fastener on a Button of my Shirt- Perfect - then slotted the knife into my RF Pants pocket - What a brilliant idea this was to have as a safety - at least Im guessing this to be the correct way of wearing the Chain?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Schrade's Peach-Seed - Love it! another small Boys Knife I think post 1930's ( just ).

The Factory Highly Polished Blades were extremely difficult to photograph in the direct light- I just couldn't afford the time in setting up properly so my apologies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Henckels, an early Folder - unfortunately the Pen Blade is broken, but I couldn't resist the Beauty that this Old Lock-Back Knife still exhibits, and I think in an Henckels Display - this Knife would Not look out of place in anyway- especially with that stunning Stag!A used and Honest Knife and imo a Grand Knife...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Knife has a Massive-Thick Spring - co joining the Lockback and joining perfectly with the Thick Spine of the Main Blade - beautifully crafted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Campbellclanman

Mar 10, 2007
    Heres a Henckels that I am very pleased to get hold of, Stamped, Henckels Zwillingswerk, a Knife made for the more Local Market? also stamped Deutsches Armeemesser - speaking to our friend Herder- he let me know that this doesn't not mean its an official German Military Knife- rather one that they could purchase individually.
    The making of this Knife is something else - the Stag is simply Gorgeous- the small touches added to such a knife is impressive- every Brass Liner is Coined, note the nice touch of a Fancy Shoulder to the long slim Marlin Type Spike, even the tops of the extra wee tools- the Pick and the Tweezers that slot into the Stag Handle are still there- and have wee fancy shaped tops, the walk and Talk of this Knife is superb and I am so happy to add this great Knife to my Henckels Collection....

There's a LOT of Metal packed into this Stout Frame!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see that nice "Shoulder of the Spike- Top Right...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Main is a Lockback- and to close it- one must depress the "Hoofpick" Hinge down to release the Blade.

I really really like this Knife! Hope you have enjoyed viewing it!

I have some nice Sta-Sharps by Camillus to post up soon!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  18. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Beautiful Schrades and Henckels knives, Duncan!!:thumbsup: Thanks for showing them to us!
    That last Henckels can't be an official Military issue, unless it's for officers, or some elite corps!!
    It's too nice!!!:)

Campbellclanman and knowtracks like this.
  19. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Fantastic Duncan! Those beautiful old schrades always get my heart racing. :)

Campbellclanman and waynorth like this.
  20. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Talk about some great knives shown recently...
    TheChunk91, fine old Schrade Barlow and very neat to see the original "beighly" etch on the blade.
    Kai76, That's a stunning old knife, teardrop models have such an elegant look.
    North Shore, A wonderful large hunter model and another of my favorite patterns.
    Campbellclanman, You sure come up with some grand knives. The Schrades are certainly nice, but my eyes were drawn right to the Henckels pair.
    Especially to the "Deutsches Armeemesser" model, what a fantastic work of mechanical art.