"Old Knives"

Another Lovely Camillus - this lovely wee Stockman - with the Super cool Spiral Punch- has again Bone to die for- a later modeled Knife that came from the era of 1941 - 1960, Nicely Etched Knife, again Craftsman by Camillus in this era were excellent Knives, this being one of them.
Craftsman ( underlined ) is etched on the Main, underneath the Main etch is Chrome Vanadium 9528, The Tang Stamped FORGED ( over ) USA.
Having seen very little use- This wee Stockman is in superb Shape! LOVE the gorgeous Swedge work going on for such a wee Knife ( 3 & 1/4 inches closed ).

nsVMg7L.jpg

rZsJ6aR.jpg

b8Ds7k0.jpg

SrNS9AT.jpg

4xwav03.jpg

AiNMrVq.jpg

Last edited:
You’re on a roll Duncan! Beautiful trio(or is there more coming?) of Camillus’s! The covers on all 3 look like they came from the same exact batch of Rogers bone. It has the same sorta burnt orange color to it that my Camillus 72 has. I don’t see that color of Rogers bone around too often.

Edited : Yup there’s more than a trio I guess!!:)

Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly - Why Thank you my friend- That's very much welcomed and appreciated! :) :thumbsup:

Haven't finished yet folks lol... NEARLY THERE

Well apparently someone with the initials S.T loved Camillus Crafstman Sta- Sharps as much as I did - to the degree that he or she decided to etch Face side and Pile side on EACH Tang their initials S.T. :rolleyes:

This very busy and tightly packed four Bladed Stockman is a darned nice knife - this being an etched Knife that has both the CRAFTSMAN & STA-SHARP etching followed by 9512, and the Stamping High Carbon Steel, USA - by the Tang stamp this places this knife i the earlier bracket of 1927 - 1940.

So we have this S.T Stockman with that neat little Spiral Punch, and great Spey with stand out etching " FOR FLESH ONLY " A strong Sheepsfoot and the Main with the busy etching- but alas some very fine honing marks running over the etch- I say Honing marks as they are fine and most certainly not coarse - leaving at least 60% of the original etching. The Sheeps-foot too has some scratching on it as well.
This great wee Knife has actually had little use, all blades 100% full, Lovely Bone- the wee Federal Shield looks great as well - another welcomed Camillus Sta- Sharp to the group.

1nuSnNR.jpg

igcK7Jn.jpg

yYD2J1b.jpg

TKvXDIc.jpg

da5tdbb.jpg

OOOH!! AAAH!!! What an exposition of knifery, Duncan!!:)
And to think, Camillus used to be considered low men on the Totem Pole!!!:eek:
Probably rumors spread by other cutleries!!:mad:
Beautiful high quality pieces, my friend!!! Thanks for sharing a few peeks with us!!!:thumbsup:

lol- Sorry kai76 kai76 - Nick my friend- ok...LAST ONE!

This worn but stunning old Dogleg was gifted to me by the seller of the last shown Camillus's to me - I am extremely fortunate to own the knives I do and at times wonder if I deserve them- but I guess we all must do that at times....

Another Sta- Sharp- Oh man I must apologise if there are some out there who do not like Sta-Sharp's as this must be a needle stuck in the Record for you at this moment of time- but please bear with me my friends and this one is the last for now - well Camillus anyway.
The seller stated to me- and I agree whole-heartedly - that this particular Knife is quite rare as it is Genuine Stag - being what I would deem as the same neighbourhood as finding an early Schrade in Stag- is very hard- in saying that I have probably seen more Stag Shrade's- be them few compared to Stag Sta-Sharps? ( Opinions are MOST welcome ).
Not only being a rare Stag - but one with a harder to find Stamp on the Tang of STA-SHARP (over) S.R & Co. and 7065 on reverse of the Tang Although I expected this to be an earlier production Knife, this Dogleg- what I would say carries Black Stag - reins from the same era with this Tang Stamping 1927 - 1940.

VERY worn down Blades- Pen is almost a Talon, the Main still retains is original shape- almost- but with heavy surface Grinding - and still......
This gorgeous old Knife in my opinion commands a knife enthusiast to stop and admire this Knife Threaded Bolsters, End Caps and Federal Shield in Nickel Silver, Gorgeous Stag, Swage work - Coined Liners throughout with major File work / Coining work on the Center Liner - this was a very high Quality Knife - and kinda still is as it hasn't disappeared yet- and I am going to make sure it wont in my lifetime.

I would also very much like to say to my friend - of whom I purchased these Knives from - Thank you for taking your time to take me under your wing so to speak- your Knowledge, your passion - and simply you - it's a pure pleasure to be able to converse with you - be it through emails - and I am extremely thankful and want you to know I buy certain knives- to keep - these are are definitely them. Your most kind and thoughtful gifts too are amazing and this knife is such a great example of your thinking when gifting a Knife that evokes such passion and attention to the knife. Many, many thanks my friend.

ZoZIEaR.jpg

G68TwlN.jpg

JTm1Xbh.jpg

QJWvmOy.jpg

1yobM1a.jpg

Thanks Paul and Charlie- I do know what you mean about Camillus - yet when I see some of your early Camillus Knives that you have - I feel they stand up next to any knife -again an opinion only coming from only from me- and I have much to learn.
I just wish I could see the above Dogleg in its day - with all those fancy wee extra's- this must have been one Hang of a Knife!

That Black Sta-Sharp is a wonder to behold!! Duncan you and I may never see another one in our lives!!! I love relic-ey knives like that!! I too hold, and have held, beautiful, minty, knives that pale in comparison!!!:cool:
A treasure in your Sta-Sharp collection!!!:thumbsup:

I haven't really got much in "new" lately, but I did just get this one in. I've been watching it online for a while, and finally gave in and grabbed it. It's got use on it for sure, but stout snap and a great etch.

the docker 1.jpg

Beautiful knives, Duncan and GlennBad's DOCKER is very interesting.

That image depicted on the Henckel's must mean something. A girl rolling a barrel on water. Carrying a double handful of beer mugs.

Which Beer?

Duncan, WOW!!! we spoke via video chat last night/yesterday (figuring time difference) and Man the stills just add to the video performance I was privy to:thumbsup: When you showed them via video I wasn't sure if the shaking on your end was due to your excitement or just old age:eek::D:p I kid cause I love;)

Seriously now...BEAUTIFUL knives my friend, that AWESOME Stag Jack is stunning:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::cool:

Back