"Old Knives"

I think that when that knife is heavily pocket worn the 'picked bone' jigging begins to emerge. Looking forward to some more informed comments.

I received my old Schrade Cut Co Barlow today. The current consensus is that the bone is post pic bone but pre peach seed, which seems to put it from the late 1920s to the mid '30s. If anyone has better info, please let me know: I love to date them as accurately as possible. The bone is gorgeous, as is the walk & talk. The clip main seems to have lost about an eighth inch of length, at least it looks short to me. Overall I'm elated with it, and it will get carried and used.

ACiiTXu.jpg

gUtR4ml.jpg

JSh8Liv.jpg
I agree with your assessment of age, Jeff!! It's post-pick, and pre-peach!! I call that jig "basketweave"!:) The jigs alternate direction, side to side, giving that woven look! I wish I could give a closer date!:( Nice knife!!!:thumbsup:

I received my old Schrade Cut Co Barlow today. The current consensus is that the bone is post pic bone but pre peach seed, which seems to put it from the late 1920s to the mid '30s. If anyone has better info, please let me know: I love to date them as accurately as possible. The bone is gorgeous, as is the walk & talk. The clip main seems to have lost about an eighth inch of length, at least it looks short to me. Overall I'm elated with it, and it will get carried and used.

ACiiTXu.jpg

gUtR4ml.jpg

JSh8Liv.jpg
Just a fantastic Schrade there Jeff, it will be a fun one to carry:thumbsup:

Wonderful old Robeson North Shore:thumbsup: Is there a 5 or six digit number (pattern number) on the pile side primary blade tang?

That is a very uncommon swell center Robeson Elephant Toenail/Sunfish. Is it a single spring or double spring? Robeson made both I think I recall reading somewhere. Charlie Noyes (Resident anything Robeson expert) will probably be a long and give you much more insight on this folder! Great folder—well done!

2 springs, there's daylight between them though, trying to figure out whats going on there. Might try and blow it out with compressed air and run a razor through then try and compress it.

Back