"Old Knives"

Duncan, you've shown us a whole collection of art!! The cutler's art to be sure; just fine examples!! Certainly worthy of surviving heart surgery!! Nice going Mr.Anonymous Benefactor!!
And Good on ya Duncan!! For coming through with both Collector Barrels Blazing!!:D

Thank you Gents for your very kind comments! I am very much looking forward to Oregon, I am hoping that everything pans out I make it - the huge amount of hours flying puts a damper on these things - but knife Meca waiting will make it worth while and also especially meeting up with my knife friends again- that's the even more special part that I am excited about!

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing you again, Duncan!!

I tasted the pleasure of meeting up with a few knife folks today at our local, monthly, knife club meeting! We welcomed a new member who has been gleaning the world of second hand goods, and I gave him the price of two modest breakfasts for these three;
An Eye Witness Lambfoot, a Tina left-handed Budding and Grafting knife with folding Spud, and a Poyet-Coursolle 9 cm Laguiole about which I know nothing!! The research is a fun part of this collecting activity, good or mediocre!!
Poyet Coursolle 1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you my friend. I have many other Knives stamped "MADE IN U.S.A" so digging them up - especially in my scouts, will be interesting to see which ones are Sears made - sometimes that's not too easy to spot but I have a 600 Scout book here so perhaps that will help as I havent ventured into those pages yet.

p8E7o4V.jpg

This belonged to my father-in-law. I think it's old. Anyone know anything about it?
Xjf5SFC.jpg

I’ve never looked at this thread before but I’m glad to have found it now!

I got this little jack knife off of the exchange recently and I love it. It’s stamped Syracuse Knife Company. It’s between a GEC 14 and 15 in size, but the blades and liners seem a little thinner so it disappears in the pocket. I absolutely love it but wish I could get some more info about the model or whatever because I’m gonna try and find one in better shape with nicer covers.

Here it is with a GEC 15 for size comparison:
HVZzfTh.jpg

ClT6laS.jpg

achD0bT.jpg

gitYr9q.jpg

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Joe

Syracuse specialized in Razors starting in 1904. I don't know when they closed, but Camillus took over the name and produced Syracuse brand pocket knives in the 1970s, as a side line!!
They were of a good quality, with inexpensive handles!! I had one re-handled in Stag once it was so good!!!

Here is that old Syracuse Knife Co a friend re-handled for me!! It's a Junior Cattle Knife,
a little over 3 1/4" long, with a few specks, but virtually unused!! This knife was so nice, the black plastic handles (not so nice!) needed replacing!!
Syracuse jr cattle STAG 1.jpg Syracuse jr cattle STAG 2.jpg Syracuse jr cattle STAG 3.jpg

Back