"Old Knives"

Since it's a Serbian dagger, it could be a "kama". They were traditional with Serbian irregular troops called chetniks already in the previous Balkan Wars and earlier. But I don't know nearly enough about them to tell anything for certain, except that it's not a military issue for the regular army like the M1912. The war in the Balkans was very rough and cruel, so they used anything they could get, even more so than in the trenches of the Western Front because their means were more limited there.

The Caliber of Knives shown lately is great, I have been waiting on some time to post photos of some of my latest Knives,
Lets start off with this one here....
I am thinking that you guys have seen this knife before? Thank you my friend for letting me pry this from your Hands.
Part of my collecting is a Scouts chapter, I have quite a few very very nice Scouts and decided now that if I buy a Scout- its going to be a pretty nice one, I am hoping that you guys thinks this fits that criteria!
Ulster - Dwight Divine, you are almost guaranteed that if it has Dwight Divine on that Knife - its going to be a nicely finished Knife with just that extra care of finishing.
This is the whole package here, The Knife itself probably wont get any better - it is is Excellent condition - as new having never been used and looks as though frozen in time, all the original box and wax-paper works as well as the gorgeous Knife- made the waiting game hard for this to arrive!
( Please forgive the Oil and fluff on the closed knife shots )

sBgoUap.jpg

KOJOOBU.jpg

hn6hd99.jpg

KOJOOBU.jpg

uo0HWn9.jpg

6gpPIGY.jpg

p20VcI7.jpg

IbuVdCQ.jpg

QptFRQd.jpg

sDb97nB.jpg

zFga2va.jpg

r3uZ7WP.jpg

Em4VatQ.jpg

IhCFmPF.jpg

LO0Fve0.jpg

Here is another extremely nice conditioned Knife- A four Bladed Knife made for Sears with the Tang Stamp FORGED USA, a Sears contracted knife by Camillus, then you must be careful as there are Grey lines in some information, as Forged Steel with Craftsman etched on the Blade are made by Ulster, the Punches on that lovely Divine Dwight and this Knife are the same....food for thought there Never used whatsoever - a real gem....

c0uOQgW.jpg

BcZD89R.jpg

bhIt2lo.jpg

mYCYWoB.jpg

zJaJuir.jpg

8iSxtMg.jpg

Last edited:
Another lovely Sears Knife, Sears knives made for them by Camillus that sport the Sta-Sharp Brand Name can be guaranteed to be quite an exceptional Knife! Here is a knife I havent seen before - and boy am I glad to be seeing it in front of me, I would like to thank my friend whom sold me this Knife!:)
Again a contract made Knife for Sears, and at times when trying to track a model of knife down - can be difficult when one is ordered by Sears, as they made a lot of specific requests in the makings of these Knives, changes to Hnadle materials, Sheilds, Blade options, Blade Grinds etches, Stampings - you name it, here I think Sears could have been responsible by request for the Blade grinds ?
The main Blade shape makes one think of the Streamline series Camillus made, this Knife- By Camillus with the Stamping on the Tang " High Carbon Steel" with Sta-Sharp etched on the Blade is around the 30's era.
The Etched name "Beveled Blade" couldn't be more correct- these Blades sport absolutely Incredible Bevels -

mojjIaN.jpg

JIcgVyo.jpg

0WyDW3R.jpg

4peJS4h.jpg

JMn1y1x.jpg

The Caliber of Knives shown lately is great, I have been waiting on some time to post photos of some of my latest Knives,
Lets start off with this one here....
I am thinking that you guys have seen this knife before? Thank you my friend for letting me pry this from your Hands.
Part of my collecting is a Scouts chapter, I have quite a few very very nice Scouts and decided now that if I buy a Scout- its going to be a pretty nice one, I am hoping that you guys thinks this fits that criteria!
Ulster - Dwight Divine, you are almost guaranteed that if it has Dwight Divine on that Knife - its going to be a nicely finished Knife with just that extra care of finishing.
This is the whole package here, The Knife itself probably wont get any better - it is is Excellent condition - as new having never been used and looks as though frozen in time, all the original box and wax-paper works as well as the gorgeous Knife- made the waiting game hard for this to arrive!
( Please forgive the Oil and fluff on the closed knife shots )

sBgoUap.jpg

KOJOOBU.jpg

hn6hd99.jpg

KOJOOBU.jpg

uo0HWn9.jpg

6gpPIGY.jpg

p20VcI7.jpg

IbuVdCQ.jpg

QptFRQd.jpg

sDb97nB.jpg

zFga2va.jpg

r3uZ7WP.jpg

Em4VatQ.jpg

IhCFmPF.jpg

LO0Fve0.jpg

Congratulations on acquiring two exceptional knives my friend. Beautiful examples in amazing condition!!!
The box and paperwork make the Ulster all the more special.

And yet, a third great example shown during my slow typing. :)

Thank you Herder Sir :) :thumbsup:

Here is a knife that caught my attention, very much like the 10th Mountain Division Knives, this knife has something I havent seen on other " Mountain Division Types" FORGED USA ( written down so to be Camillus - but this looks so much like a Ulster - more homework to be done on this one ), Sears Branding on this Knife, when I was looking at this knife I spied a Liner Lock on the Punch, rarely seen in my eyes, and I am wondering if anyone else has an Ulster with this - from this era.
The in

The poor sellers Photos showed what I thought to be tampering on the Bolster pins, but if anyone owns a 10th Mountain division Knife ( I own one without the Bail ) you will see that this is Factory finishing and this knife is 100% original and untouched.

Being a Sears contract Knife- I wonder if the Liner lock was a stipulation from Sears?

9VX4lHI.jpg

DDieIoW.jpg

ZBK8eql.jpg

It has the Ulster Punch....
Udyf9L2.jpg

Liner lock performing it's duty..
dBCexyc.jpg

You have developed a fine collection since way back when I met you Duncan!! Beauties pictured here!!:thumbsup:

Campbellclanman Campbellclanman , Duncan those are some exceptional knives but the Ulster blows the others out of the water as far as I’m concerned. I keep looking at them from time to time, and would love to have one as pristine as yours. Someday the right one will cross my path. Congrats on yours!!,

Great additions to your Scout collection, Duncan!:thumbsup: The Dwight Devine Ulster with the box and paperwork is exceptional!

Thank you Charlie, that is only because of the wonderful people here - like you my friend!

315, yes that Ulster is a nice one for sure- yet if I were to choose? I dont think I could - but thats what Knife collecting is all about isn't it- personal preferences!:) :thumbsup:

Mike matey- Thank YOU kind Sir, I hope you are well my friend!

Paul, thank you my friend :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you Dan matey ! I appreciate everyone's kind comments.

I couldnt go past this, this Ol' Girl has some age, but still turns the boys Heads!
HJ by Schrade Cut Co, Walden NY.
Pre-Peach seed Pic Bone - variances in colours on each side- But this doesnt bother me at all with knives like this....

9f2MShz.jpg

ahteKXd.jpg

aH1sLB3.jpg

im3Dhbf.jpg

EHLgDYM.jpg

wukemYh.jpg

This one may be stretching it to end up in old Knives- I think it deserves a possible Vintage, and slots right into my Sears collection - exceptional condition - again variances that make one think- this HAS to be from discussions with Sears about the differences that they wanted their Brand names to be seen as Deluxe models in a lot of cases with added extras, this I think is how these Handle materials got to look so good!
A very well made Knife!

Sears Craftsman:

U5dNQSb.jpg

K6B3rDe.jpg

rM9ud7O.jpg

yttSOvM.jpg

NlIenZm.jpg

Me being Googly-challenged, you are giving me hope, Kevin!!:D
Well Charlie... I searched for about a total of 6 hours and could not find anything cutlery related regarding a "Risorge" brand. However, I do strongly suspect that the knife is Italian as it was a common shape for pruners used in Italian vineyards. Opinel even has a "grape-picking" knife that has the same blade shape as your "Risorge" pruner. There is a common Italian phrase that I found often on the web that is "La Fenice Risorge" which means "The Phoenix Rises" although your 4-legged animal does not look anything like a "Phoenix". :D One other possibility is that it could actually read "RISORSE" which means "Resource" in Italian... a "resource" knife makes sense but it does look like a "G" in your picture.

If you scroll down to the "Valle D'Aosta" region on the website below it shows the vineyard pruner... "Roncola" seems to be the term most common with that particular pruner blade shape.

https://www.knifeplanet.net/traditional-italian-pocket-knives/

Thanks for your efforts, Kevin!! :thumbsup:
BTW, That's an interesting website you found!!
We will find more information somewhere!!:rolleyes:

Spectacular showing Duncan, you outdid yourself this time! All three blades sabre ground on the Sears stockman is quite special!

Back