"Old Knives"

RWlFWw1.jpg

SHpvVQg.jpg
9ujEWFJ.jpg
TvGSnDQ.jpg

Picked up this nice Ulster, I believe it's old enough for this thread. You can faintly make out a blade etch,unfortunately the price sticker was stuck to the blade where that dark stain is in the blade. I believe it stained the blade there.

David, that is a great find.

Old Ulster Knives are extremely nice - our friend Hillbilly has just underlined the fact with that gorgeous piece.
Nice one my friend- I could look at knives like that ALL day!

Picked up some nice old beauties last weekend... this one is a W Bingham Co congress whittler. I'm curious what people are thinking about possible manufacturer, I've got a guess but would like some feedback / first impressions from the Old Knife Collective :) The bone seems pretty distinct to a certain manufacturer back in the day ;)

BINGWHIT-1A.JPG BINGWHIT-1B.JPG BINGWHIT-1C.JPG BINGWHIT-1D.JPG BINGWHIT-1E.JPG BINGWHIT-1F.JPG BINGWHIT-1G.JPG

Picked up some nice old beauties last weekend... this one is a W Bingham Co congress whittler. I'm curious what people are thinking about possible manufacturer, I've got a guess but would like some feedback / first impressions from the Old Knife Collective :) The bone seems pretty distinct to a certain manufacturer back in the day ;)

View attachment 1276194 View attachment 1276195 View attachment 1276196 View attachment 1276197 View attachment 1276198 View attachment 1276199 View attachment 1276200
I'm still not well educated in this field to take a guess, but I'll say it is a stunning piece. I'm always amazed at how nicely the old companies could nest the blades. Nice find, I myself like the bolsters, such a gentlemanly knife.

Thanks, the covers are what caught my eye, I was being shown some other knives, but this was in another box to the side. I said can I look at that one,and the guy said sure. Then I opened it and it had such full blades and no wobble,and its probably less than a half an inch thick. All that combined was to much lol.
Isn't it great when a knife calls to you from that side box? Good catch!

View attachment 1276194 View attachment 1276195 View attachment 1276196 View attachment 1276197 View attachment 1276198 View attachment 1276199 View attachment 1276200
I don't think I really have an eye for identifying jigging, but I'll say that Bingham is lovely. I don't see many Congress Whittlers, and that one's in great shape.

The Easy Openers are great, too, especially that Wadsworth. I love that blade etch (stamp?)

To circle back on this one... I was thinking maybe it was Winchester made? I saw this model #3929 (below) in my Price & Zalesky and my Bingham looks identical only without the shield. The Bingham model is #3299. My first thought on the Bingham bone was that it looked either Remington or Winchester, any thoughts?

WINCONGRESS.JPG

bingwhit-1e-jpg.1276198

My grandfather passed away and left me this old knife. I know nothing about it and any info you have would be appreciated. It has “GB” on the blade and no other markings. It appears to be made out of a horn or antler.

Image Gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/EnnofyU

Thank you!

Back