"Old Knives"

Just got this today

Wards Cattle knife, possibly made by Winchester.

Ny8ewxy.jpg

SQxvGj2.jpg

2yriMdM.jpg

6DWdhU1.jpg

tongueriver, great old pre-war Boker lockback hunter model. That one got my attention. :)
The Chunk91, a couple of nice stockman models.
paulhilborn, neat grinder, I could see many uses for that.
JohnDF, wonderful stockman with an unusual stamp, and I agree with Camillus made.

Here is a lovely old pre-war German made Ed Wusthof 4-blade folder. Wusthof made high quality pocket knives, but they are not commonly found in the U. S.
This old fellow has a nice flowing shape with ebony handles and fancy nickel silver pinched bolsters.

View attachment 1283886
Looks like a perfect carry knife :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks all for the nice comments towards the Wusthoff. Some great examples shown since, and I love the Walden and Orange Cut. Co. from waynorth, and Scout model from 315.

Here is a pair of folders from another German cutlery company. Bruckmann (which translates to "Bridge Man") was founded by Ernst Bruchmann in Solingen, Germany in 1891. His son, Paul took over the company in the early 1900s which existed until his passing in 1956. The company used a neat logo which was a picture of a suspension bridge over the word "Mann". This quality pair of two blade folding knives with corkscrews have unique and interesting celluloid handles.

View attachment 1287103

I only put these pictures up because you don’t see too many old Schrade switchblades. I know it is in bad shape and not worth anything except sentimental value to me. My great aunt gave it to me in the early 1970’s. It belonged to her late husband. The tang stamp says:
Schrade (in a straight line)
Cut. Co.
Walden, NY
Indicating it was made somewhere between 1917 and 1946.

I only put these pictures up because you don’t see too many old Schrade switchblades. I know it is in bad shape and not worth anything except sentimental value to me. My great aunt gave it to me in the early 1970’s. It belonged to her late husband. The tang stamp says:
Cut. Co.
Walden, NY

https://i.imgur.com/czTj1Mo.jpg[/img]']https://i.imgur.com/zrdTXA0.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/czTj1Mo.jpg[/img]']https://i.imgur.com/J5JJQ26.jpg[/img]']
Love that you did post this up. Left in the condition your rec'd it? if so, I applaud that as it's a link to your past as well as when these wonderful switchblades ruled the knife world---ok a bit dramatic there but it sounded good:eek::D I am fascinated by the old auto's and this is just so:cool:

I have a vintage Pressbutton that I posted here a couple of years back.

Cut. Co.
Walden, NY

https://i.imgur.com/zrdTXA0.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/J5JJQ26.jpg[/img]']
For goodness sake, don't clean it!! It spent all those years gathering up a fantastic patina!!:) A beauty!!:thumbsup:

Had a Keen Kutter Cattle knife arrived today. The blades have been used, but that was the appeal to me. Still a good solid knife.

1-CE0-D495-8-A4-B-4950-9-E2-C-AC8081-F9400-F.jpg
Nice!!
May it continue living a good useful life, Mr. 315!!:cool:

Reactions: 315
Also had a Camillus come in today. The photos were a bit different when looking at the blades. When it arrived the blades look like they’ve been sand blasted or something, but it’s interesting enough to be a good user.

4776460-D-5713-4873-9991-3320964-AD5-BB.jpg

Interesting thing is the grooves on both sides of the liners.

11-EC1-E46-14-E3-4-E18-AC30-8046-CBC1-B9-A6.jpg

3-AD8-BCDA-48-C1-4-B99-A06-E-2858502-DEDB9.jpg

waynorth, very cool and unusual pattern in the 4-blade Camillus.
K33ncutter, a classic old Schrade switchblade with honest wear. I would leave it as is as waynorth suggested.
315, a couple more nice examples.

Here is a cattle knife in Eureka jack form with black waterfall celluloid handles and a neat bomb shield. The blade stamp is "Richards & Conover HDWE Co."

View attachment 1287888

Not sure how old this is but it’s in tremendous shape.

76-AE8-B34-2-E48-4-F26-90-B4-031-E6-A4765-CD.jpg
Yeah...that is in great Shape! Camillus Spiral Punch, man just look at that beautiful Bone!

Thanks all for the nice comments towards the Wusthoff. Some great examples shown since, and I love the Walden and Orange Cut. Co. from waynorth, and Scout model from 315.

Here is a pair of folders from another German cutlery company. Bruckmann (which translates to "Bridge Man") was founded by Ernst Bruchmann in Solingen, Germany in 1891. His son, Paul took over the company in the early 1900s which existed until his passing in 1956. The company used a neat logo which was a picture of a suspension bridge over the word "Mann". This quality pair of two blade folding knives with corkscrews have unique and interesting celluloid handles.

View attachment 1287103

Two extremely fine examples there Herder- would be hard to find better!

Nice Bruckmanns, herder! They made a lot of nice celluloid knives, and I have never seen one "gas out"!! Superior product!!

Here is an older 4-blade Camillus Stockman, on three springs, with all blades stamped!!:cool:View attachment 1287149 View attachment 1287150 View attachment 1287151 View attachment 1287153 View attachment 1287157 View attachment 1287158

Charlie- Camillus sure knew how to get one's attention- that Knife did it!!!! What has that Punch got stamped on the reverse kind Sir- That is a very cool Knife! Like my early Scout with all blades stamped, and the Mayer Punch!

Cut. Co.
Walden, NY

https://i.imgur.com/zrdTXA0.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/J5JJQ26.jpg[/img]']

That Knife looks ALMOST as old as that Hilborn fella!

Love that you did post this up. Left in the condition your rec'd it? if so, I applaud that as it's a link to your past as well as when these wonderful switchblades ruled the knife world---ok a bit dramatic there but it sounded good:eek::D I am fascinated by the old auto's and this is just so:cool:

I have a vintage Pressbutton that I posted here a couple of years back.
Ah! Here is is! speak of the Devil!! Paul you will have to show us that beauty again eh? Lot of water passed under the Old Knives Bridge since then!

Had a Keen Kutter Cattle knife arrived today. The blades have been used, but that was the appeal to me. Still a good solid knife.

1-CE0-D495-8-A4-B-4950-9-E2-C-AC8081-F9400-F.jpg

Gorgeous Pocket- Worn knife!

Also had a Camillus come in today. The photos were a bit different when looking at the blades. When it arrived the blades look like they’ve been sand blasted or something, but it’s interesting enough to be a good user.

4776460-D-5713-4873-9991-3320964-AD5-BB.jpg

Interesting thing is the grooves on both sides of the liners.

11-EC1-E46-14-E3-4-E18-AC30-8046-CBC1-B9-A6.jpg

3-AD8-BCDA-48-C1-4-B99-A06-E-2858502-DEDB9.jpg

Wow- This is a Classic example of your Camillus quality! I was half expecting to see a " High Carbon Steel" Tang Stamp as Sears Camillus made Knives often had these awesome features! So a High Quality Knife!

waynorth, very cool and unusual pattern in the 4-blade Camillus.
K33ncutter, a classic old Schrade switchblade with honest wear. I would leave it as is as waynorth suggested.
315, a couple more nice examples.

Here is a cattle knife in Eureka jack form with black waterfall celluloid handles and a neat bomb shield. The blade stamp is "Richards & Conover HDWE Co."

View attachment 1287888

Nice old Beast Herder- can we see the flip side of that Punch Sir? Bernard has this Brand as Boker pre '56, then Ulster - looking at that Shield and going by the amazing Boker book, that Shield confirms this as an ( around about's ) 40's Knife- so a Boker made one Sir?

Hi Charlie!
Thank you my friend!, man...I just went all over those Photo's of that wonderful knife again..... that knife is something else! It seems as though Camillus stopped using that Punch very early on, as well as we don't see Camillus or any other knife Manufacturers using it lets say a bit later on toward the mid 20th Century- just quite a bit earlier?

Until this fellow came along with the revival of some outstanding HJ's.... now just WHAT was that guys name now?

:D

Some great knives posted the last few days!
Changing the theme a little bit, here is a Sheffield made 6 blade lobster. At 3 3/8" it is a little larger than the average lobster. Stamped "Carrick Bros/37 Argyle St/Glasgow" on the 3 cutting blades. Stamped "Sheffield Made" on the pile side of the main blade. I have no idea who actually may have made it?

RIMG2022.JPG RIMG2027.JPG

I don't often get a knife old enough to post in this thread. However, I just got this Fairmount Cut Co, supposedly from the 30's. I believe it was made by Camillus. I liked the handle covers and of course I love serpentine Jacks. Pretty happy with this one, it's in excellent shape and well-built.

Nice one John!

Back