Old Pocket Knife Boxes

Here is a Holley that came from ebay. I don't know if the knife and box go together, but this is how we got them, and the paper it was wrapped in. The Boker carving set came from a local place.
P8070043.jpg

P8070044.jpg
[/IMG]

P5200107.jpg

It's hard enough to find a Holley knife, let alone a box to go with it!

Here are a few Schrade Waldens from the fifties. This was a common box that was available with most gent's knives. Initially, as you can see with the equal end lobster, the knives were available with a nice leather slip, but that soon changes to the cheaper plastic sleeve:

730wa8.jpg
[/IMG]

1ij4ns.jpg
[/IMG]

2rdemwh.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

Those Schrade boxes have a classy look.
The old boxes make me want to read every detail, very different than any modern boxes. It might have something to do with, the company's pride in what is inside.

love the great boxes, only a few survived & it makes me happy to see the fellas coveting them. fartsmella that ulster has the old time crocus polish. [ the black polish] our custom guys have far surpassed the knives made in the past but no maker has yet mastered the crocus polish. it actually closed the pores in the steel making it harder to rust. the english apprentice time for polishers was 7 years. dennis

I don't have many boxes with labels but this box still had the cotton and paper wrapper and one Knife left. One of my best finds ever!
WHITTLER%20BOX.jpg
&
ULSTER%20FT.jpg
I'm guessing the hand written .85 was the cost of a knife? (I paid more than that) Barry

Barry, that is a killer of a box along with a great knife. Nice find.

Best regards

Robin

Pales in comparison to Barry's Pearl and Box, but nice in it's own right;
Schrade 2OT in a presentation box.
OTquiz1.jpg

OTquiz4.jpg

OTquiz2.jpg

OTquiz5.jpg

Here are a couple of unusual ones.
I have a LaBelle knife also, but not an Argyle. I bought the Argyle box, because it was purty, but especially because it was tiny! The face is only 1 1/2" X 2 1/2"!
Boxesbigsml.jpg

Some older ones. The Empire factory expanded quite a bit from the first Empire box (upper left) to the second one (lower right)!:)
Boxes1.jpg

Finally (the extent of my collection anyway), some later boxes, post WWII into the 1950's or so.
Boxes2.jpg

There is some great old artwork showing up in this thread!
Thanks to all who have contributed so far, and I hope we get to see a lot more!!:thumbup:

I can see where GEC get their inspiration for labels from: Old Schrade!

Very nice boxes indeed.

Here's another box along with two of it's original twelve penknives.

Pic_2___WR_s_open_pair-2.jpg

Mick

Last edited:
A pleasure to view! Having the original box, like yours Mick, and yours, Barry, is a special treat. Makes the knives seem "UBER-MINT"*, if that's possible!

* UBER-MINT adj. still emerging from the factory.:D

Definitions created on the spot - just ask. waynorth.

A pleasure to view! Having the original box, like yours Mick, and yours, Barry, is a special treat. Makes the knives seem "UBER-MINT"*, if that's possible!

* UBER-MINT adj. still emerging from the factory.:D

Definitions created on the spot - just ask. waynorth.

That's it! as in the emerging Forum Knife:D:thumbup:

A box to match an old knife is the icing on the cake though.

Thank you to everyone who contributed in this thread. I really am enjoying those old boxes and in some posts all the knives that went with them.:thumbup:

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to shoot them and post them.
gus

Kind of reminds me of what I found exotic about stamp collecting as a youth.

Great stuff! :thumbup::cool:

Nice boxes guys. One of the best things about buying a pocket knife is taking it out of its box. In the days of bubble packs its nice that companies like Queen and MooreMaker among others are still doing it right.

Can you imagine finding one of those stock boxes........full?:eek::eek:

Still have a hand full of these older 1/2 dozen quantity dealers 'Case XX Bradford, PA. Cutlery' two part knife boxes from when I was a half owner in a local hardware store in north Florida back in the day..

24656if.jpg

Late 1960's Schrade Walden box with unique hinges..

6jq5j4.jpg

2s668wm.jpg

Vintage custom hand made Cripple Creek by Bob Cargill and very hard to find (5) blade Sowbelly slipjoint with original box..

dg6nhh.jpg

Hers a late 1950's early 1960's USA Imperial you don't see any longer these days. A Slipjoint letter opener..

28an4n8.jpg

Anthony

Last edited:
Back