Photos Old school goodness

snwbrdr202

Gold Member
There are a ton of cool and modern blades coming out of Wauseon lately, but I’ve always appreciated the simple lines of a no frills, clipped point bowie. This was a hell of a good week as I added an epic trio to the humble collection! Original SHBM, gen1 Battle Rat, and the elusive desert Battle Rat (huge thanks to T). If you have any older bowies you wish to share, please throw ‘em up! I’ll be watching, drinking, drooling...

6da11c0c-3a89-4c74-bdf6-ee813925e507-jpeg.1012942

Attachments

• 6DA11C0C-3A89-4C74-BDF6-EE813925E507.jpeg
    6DA11C0C-3A89-4C74-BDF6-EE813925E507.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 454
I'm with you brother. Love the older designs. Especially the Satin versions.
Congratz on the new additions!!!

Congrats B, a beautiful and hard to acquire early trio from the past.

Nice. Now, go find a Satin Battle Rat. You'll thank me later.

(one of these years I'll figure out pics again.... and don't tell me IMGUR...)

In all their flat ground goodness. :D :thumbsup: (One of the same reasons I love the Battle Guard! ;))

Yeah, I agree, Imgrrr sux. o_O :thumbsdown:

Nice addition, Mr. B. I’m also an appreciator, and collector of the older Bussekin. New models are great, and an important part of the Busse legacy. But the thrill of the hunt for the older models is my focus. And excitement. Anyone with money can purchase a new Bussekin. It takes work, patience, and luck to find the older desirables. And yes, I still have the Battle Rat I purchased from you. Be well.

Wow !!!!! If these three get released again I’ll be in trouble !!!
That bottom blade is awesome !!!! I keep saying I’d love to see a shortened ASHBM released 7-8 inch blade ish.

Great pics everyone !!!!
Thanks for sharing :)

Question for you guys:

What happens if you somehow break those?
(hold the "but they're safe queens" type point of view for sake of my questions)
Will Jerry Busse be able to replace them due to life time warranty?
Or are we stuck with getting an equivalent price voucher?
Will the voucher reflect it's values today as opposed to when it was first sold?

Question for you guys:

(hold the "but they're safe queens" type point of view for sake of my questions)
Will the voucher reflect it's values today as opposed to when it was first sold?

My guess is it would be a shop credit for the original purchase price. But hopefully I am wrong and it would be replaced with a new model of the same knife.

My guess is it would be a shop credit for the original purchase price. But hopefully I am wrong and it would be replaced with a new model of the same knife.

But shop credit for the same price it was purchased all those years ago doesn't seem to account for inflation plus rarity value.

Question for you guys:

I suppose the answer could have changed since 2001, but...

We will replace any knife with a knife of similar selling price. . . . of course "selling price" refers to the price that we originally sold the knife for. Some old Busses have increased so greatly in value that we would have to clear out the entire shop if we offered replacements at current market value.
smile.gif

In some instances, we have kept some old blanks available for any warranty issues that might occur.

Hope this helps,

Jerry Busse

Back