1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old tanto

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by samuraistuart, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernComfort

SouthernComfort

Dec 8, 2011
    You will never prevent me from calling out the abuse or mistreatment of of an antique sword. What was done to the sword in question was wrong! Period, end of story! That is not proper restoration. If you don't feel it worth restoration, fine. But don't ruin it, preserve it as is.

BTW: I don't care what you think!

Where are you three brainiacs when someone needs assistance identifying or has questions regarding a Japanese sword. Next time someone asks, one of you feel free to jump right in and provide translations and answers. Otherwise STFU!

2. akadave2

akadave2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Depending on the level of "cleaning" it can likely be corrected by a good togi. Ive seen some hack jobs fixed to the point you couldnt even tell.

3. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :) Please do not lump every member of this forum together . We are all individuals and often have passionately opposing viewpoints and opinions . But if you insist on getting all riled up if some members disrespect you , it will be difficult to find happiness here ! ;)

I enjoyed your pics and take no offense in what you have done . It'd just an old knife (to me) that you have made better for your use and appreciation . It's not a religious icon or a national archeological treasure ! I would probably be stabbing or slashing at something with it to test it's worth as a weapon . That's probably why it was made ! If it's a good tool , then it is worthy of respect but never of worship . YMMV . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Cryptyc

Cryptyc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I liked your pics and think it looks great. It is your sword and you do what you want with it, period. Don’t worry about those couple of people who got all sweaty over your post.

DocJD and KingMC like this.
  5. SouthernComfort

SouthernComfort

Dec 8, 2011
    Stupid.jpg

David W Babcock likes this.
  6. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
  7. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    The various insults and personalities aside as philisophical point does anyone think that because some one happened to have purchased Rembrandt that they are perfectly justified in having it " improved" by say adding some neon colors or perhaps painting over that woman in the corner?

8. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :eek: Yes . Seriously , YES ! Otherwise you end up in world that does not recognize the concept of private property . I'm not saying I favor defacement of art . But, If I own an object , what exactly should that mean if not that it is mine to do with what I please, within the law ? :confused:

9. SouthernComfort

SouthernComfort

Dec 8, 2011
    WOW! just WOW! I can not believe you said that it is ok to paint over a Rembrandt simply because you own it. See post #25

10. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002

Using memes and pictures to replace intelligent conversation is a questionable tactic at best, but using them to insult others is a bad choice regardless of how you feel about the subject matter.
    Discuss the subject or topic with the same respect you would ask others to show you. This is good advice for all here.

Thread is fini

11. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    This whole thread is a good example of why many folks don't post in this sub-forum.

David W Babcock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.