Old thread, new forum - A new place to post random ideas.

It should be in my grubby paws soon. He tells me that the edge was done entirely with stones, not a belt sander. It is hair whittling sharp.
AcUmQ15.jpg

Last edited:
I just got back from the post office. Scary sharp doesn't even com close to describing this blade. It is easily as sharp as my best straight razor. If I cut myself with it I may bleed out before feeling the cut.

I just got back from the post office. Scary sharp doesn't even com close to describing this blade. It is easily as sharp as my best straight razor. If I cut myself with it I may bleed out before feeling the cut.
That AEB-L steel is some pretty amazing stuff, with a good heat treat and cryo to a HRc-60 it should rival cpm154 may not have quite the edge but it makes up for it in its ability to take a super fine and sharp edge. It's a breeze to resharpen because it has super fine carbides and you can hone it and strop it just like a carbon steel blade. And for just a quick touch up you can just re-srtop it, or give it a few light strokes on a butchers steel.

I just got a new razor strop so I think I'll have a super fine edge for a long, long time.

I think it's the latest one but thank you, I can find it now.

Finished this one up for a customer today. It's a replica of Bo Randall's first knife made in 1937 I've made two knives like this previously one Mack and another for Sheldon. Of all the photos I have posted on my Face book page and on my Instagram page the photos this tribute knife photo on top of Sheldon's book gets more likes and comments than any other photo I've posted, and os still probably one of my favorite photos as well.IMG_1301.jpgIMG_1299.jpgIMG_1300.jpg

Absofreakinglutely gorgeous. That design and your fit, finish and attention to detail make that my all-time favorite blade.

Thanks for the kind words guys, much appreciated.

Absolutely stunning work Scott. Words honestly can't describe the level of awe a knife like this brings.

This might not make sense, but the most fascinating thing to me is how your 'Replica/Tribute/Homage' work takes things to another level but still feels so one-of-a-kind and unique.

Thanks again everyone, your kind word are much appreciated.

Yes John, Mack actually convinced me a while back to make that knife. And I'm sure glade I did, that knife gets more likes and comments than all the others I've made so far on my Face book page. I'm thinking about making more actual Scagel replicas in the future.

Back