Old versus new version

hi fellas,

I'm posting a picture of the old version of my battle cleaver so you can see the difference between it and the new version. You see, I was going along a certain path when inspiration struck (I think, lol). You will see the difference, it's like night and day. What do you guys think?
fUetDCd.jpg
dVevUcY.jpg
QMJw7if.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great David, I like how rich that handle came out.

Oh, man. That is gorgeous. It looks like it would be the perfect camp knife, too.

Thanks, I'm pleased with how it came out myself. Now to finish it off with an ebony scabbard with some fancy cordage/knots.

By the way, the original ain't no slouch. It looks like a very practical, beauty of a beast.

Looking good David, I think I like the new look better.

By the way, the original ain't no slouch. It looks like a very practical, beauty of a beast.
I will eventually put this up for sale, Mack, and I was wondering how to classify it. I thought of camp knife, survivor knife, and battle cleaver, and I think it could easily fit into any of those categories. I'll probably just list it as a camp/survivor knife. Now, if I just knew what price to list it at, but I guess the final price will also depend on how th scabbard turns out.

That looks Great David, the new handle really stands out.

Like both versions, David. The original, the the traditional guard seems more "camp" looking, and the new version with the red braid seems more "martial art". But that is strictly aesthetics, as the design seems hardy and up to any changes! Nice!

Like both versions, David. The original, the the traditional guard seems more "camp" looking, and the new version with the red braid seems more "martial art". But that is strictly aesthetics, as the design seems hardy and up to any changes! Nice!
Great observations! I may make it so you can convert to either configuration, it certainly would be easy enough to do. Thanks!

Back