• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Olde Towne Cutlery

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
I wanted to post about my recent ordering experience from Olde Towne Cutlery... @Lee Tigner on BF's.

Usually the majority of my knife, flashlight, etc. purchases are from @Spark, he's local to me and it gives me a chance to handle and inspect the knife or item before purchase. On the rare occasions he doesn't have what I'm looking for or can't get it, I'll use one of the dealers on BF's.

I've been wanting a particular knife for a while and after finding it at couple of BF dealers I decided to call Olde Towne Cutlery, I had never ordered from them before but I do like to try and support the smaller shops if possible.

I called Wednesday morning and spoke to Melissa, talking to her reminded me of speaking with a friend that you haven't spoken with in a long time... the customer service she provided was that good.

I placed my order with her and two days later on Friday, my knife arrived. The knife and the factory box were in perfect condition, she also included some little goodies with my order... stickers, patch, pen, band-aid dispenser.

I'll definitely order from OTC again, easily one of the best dealers on BF's.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: OTC is a really great place. I've been there a couple of times. It's about 90 minutes north of me and well worth the drive through Atlanta to visit the shop. They feature several Andy Roy "graduates" in their list of makers as well as production companies like Kershaw, ZT, Benchmade, Southern Grind, and Lionsteel. They have a house brand called Due South Knives that collaborates with several GA knifemakers to feature different styles of fixed blades.

If you have a chance to stop by, John (store manager & Dragonfly Bladeworks owner ) is always ready to talk knives and show you everything in the store. I have one of his Side Car fixed blades down in New Smyrna Beach getting fitted for a horizontal kydex sheath. They've even got a quiet corner in the store where you can sit down and look through "knife life" magazines and just chill a while.

It's nice to have them in the Atlanta area, along with Going Gear in Smyrna, The Sports Barn in Jasper, and Franklin's in Athens. Gives us knife folks in Atlanta several choices for enjoyable day trips.

If it doesn't break forum rules. How about a link to there website or a phone number. You know for the idiots ( please see under my name) here on the forum that can't deal with reality and need that extra help. All kidding aside it sounds like a great place to do business with and since I'm not spending my money a the blue and white on line box store atm I am looking for a good vendor.

+1 a great local dealer and terrific online presence as well for those not living around HOTlanta. I stopped by on the way up to Trackrock a week or so ago, shot the breeze and looked around for almost an hour. Saw Lee and Melissa setup a table at Trackrock, ending up buying a GEC SFO from them. They are doing a mid October weekend event at their shop next weekend I think. Big combo of Guild meeting food and people.

Noah

Good deal. I will give them a try for my next purchase. Thank you for the information and taking the time to put it up.

Iv had great luck with old town cutlery Lee has gone out of his way to give awesome customer
Service!! Highly recommended

+1 on this. Order was processed very fast. Only advice is they might not want to use packing tape w/ their logo on it & print their shipping label w/ OTC, just to hinder the sticky fingers of others. Sig Sauer practices this exact thing.

I have a new fixed blade artist , because of Olde Town Cutlery. I always try to give them some of my GEC business. They bent over backwards for me to get a blue camel #93 Ramsfoot knife last year. Lee sells cool T-shirts too. The free band aid holders are too cool. OTC should have another SFO GEC knife coming up soon.

I'm going to give more props to Olde Towne Cutlery. I'd probably driven past their shop 100+ times and never had time to stop in.
I finally did, and I could not have been more impressed. They have a very nice selection, and they encourage you to take your time and check out / compare, etc. as many knives as you want.
The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. They don't pressure you to buy. It's the kind of store that makes you want to give them your business. I can't wait to go back!

Back