OMG I dropped my knife in bleach! (pic heavy)

So I decided to try my first mod. The infamous Clich.
In honor of trying something new, I tried a new beer. I know the instructions say whiskey but I didn't have an on hand.
IMG_0974.jpg

Me preparing for battle.
IMG_0976.jpg

The strip.
IMG_0978.jpg

Adding gthe gun blue. Had to switch drinks, my 'ol lady wanted the 64
IMG_1025.jpg

Soaking.
IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Sanding the big stuff off after drying with towel.
TECH TIP. If using a shemagh to cover your face, do not burp.
IMG_1049.jpg

Supervising the whole operation, Gibson
IMG_1000.jpg

Did not reapply the blue. Just sanded.
IMG_1056.jpg

Finished with micarta back on.
IMG_1062.jpg

Thanks clich for the lesson. Thanks C_Tanner for his mod turning out well and motivating me to get off my ass and do mine. My lovely and loving wife for taking all these photos. And all you guys for feeding my growing addiction to knives.

Thanks clich for the lesson. Thanks C_Tanner for his mod turning out well and motivating me to get off my ass and do mine. Most of all thank all you guys for feeding my growing addiction to knives.

Yeah...If I can do it, a retarded monkey could do it. I think after reviewing mine next to the PB that Clich did, I would stop the bleach dunk right at 45 minutes. I went 1 hour, and theres a noticable difference if you have a keen eye. Cool pattern on your 11.

dang nice! Like I said earlier, kinda looks like marble!

I like ur dog...I always had a hankering to get one of those, just aint never done it.

Looks really good, dude. The saber tooth bk11 seems to be right art home with a bleach etch.

That came out really cool looking...I might have to jump on the band wagon today.
I am dying to see where you were working. Looks like a man cave, or a foundation with a car port attached? Whatever it is, looks like home with that Becker, Stripper and Beer.

I have watched several shots of people doing this and I think I may finally pull the trigger and do this to my 14. Yours came out great.

About "The Cave" I hate to destroy some of the mystery but it is a carport that is enclosed on 3 sides. The side that boarders the back yard has ivy on it and it is growing over on the inside wall. I kinda dig the way it looks so I never cut it. It is basically used for storage and my son to beat on a heavy bag. Seemed like the perfect place to work on this knife. It will from this day forward be referred to as "The Cave".

The Cajun Candy is something that my daughter brought home from a school trip. She said she picked it up from a kiosk vendor in Shopryland ( Opry Mills Mall ) in Nashville. It is freaking delicious. I love chow chow. It is like that only sweeter but still with some heat. Totally off subject but if anyone has a good chow chow recipe I would love to have it! haha

Came out great man, You look like a mad scientist in those pictures! I just got an 11, I still have to plan everything I want to do with it.

Looks really good. Would like to hear more about that jar that says Cajun Candy.

I cannot find anything on the internet on this but if I can find this when in Nashville this Friday and Sat I will get some for you. I will let you know if I find it and I will ship it or give it to my step brother who will be in Nashville this week for business and find a way to get it to you in Dallas.

It is at least worth a shot to try and find. I was thinking of getting one jar for myself.

Back