OMG I dropped my knife in bleach! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Catmouth, May 5, 2012.

1. Catmouth

Catmouth

Apr 3, 2012
    So I decided to try my first mod. The infamous Clich.
    In honor of trying something new, I tried a new beer. I know the instructions say whiskey but I didn't have an on hand.
    [​IMG]
    Me preparing for battle.
    [​IMG]
    The strip.
    [​IMG]
    Adding gthe gun blue. Had to switch drinks, my 'ol lady wanted the 64
    [​IMG]
    Soaking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sanding the big stuff off after drying with towel.
    TECH TIP. If using a shemagh to cover your face, do not burp.
    [​IMG]
    Supervising the whole operation, Gibson
    [​IMG]
    Did not reapply the blue. Just sanded.
    [​IMG]
    Finished with micarta back on.
    [​IMG]

Thanks clich for the lesson. Thanks C_Tanner for his mod turning out well and motivating me to get off my ass and do mine. My lovely and loving wife for taking all these photos. And all you guys for feeding my growing addiction to knives.

2. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    Yeah...If I can do it, a retarded monkey could do it. I think after reviewing mine next to the PB that Clich did, I would stop the bleach dunk right at 45 minutes. I went 1 hour, and theres a noticable difference if you have a keen eye. Cool pattern on your 11.

3. Axisjoe

Axisjoe

Feb 25, 2012
    That turned out very nice.

4. getridone

getridone Banned BANNED

Dec 5, 2011
    I like what you've done. Your workshop looks like a cave.

5. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    dang nice! Like I said earlier, kinda looks like marble!

I like ur dog...I always had a hankering to get one of those, just aint never done it.

6. secondechomatt

secondechomatt

Apr 13, 2012
    very nice work! I love how this comes out on the blades. Need to do my 2.

7. lemmuhj

lemmuhj

May 2, 2010
    damn, just stumbled upon this....shit came out awesome:)

8. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    That looks pretty cool, very good for a first attempt man.

9. incaorchid

incaorchid Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Gibson looks like a cool dog!

10. mrn8

mrn8

Jun 8, 2007
    Looks really good, dude. The saber tooth bk11 seems to be right art home with a bleach etch.

11. Jonny1280

Jonny1280 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2012
    I thought the same thing!

That's probably one of the better blue/bleach etch that I've seen! Fantastic work!

12. gunknifenut

gunknifenut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 9, 2006
    That came out really cool looking...I might have to jump on the band wagon today.
    I am dying to see where you were working. Looks like a man cave, or a foundation with a car port attached? Whatever it is, looks like home with that Becker, Stripper and Beer.

13. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    Looks really good. Would like to hear more about that jar that says Cajun Candy.

14. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    that looks great! well done.

15. Hawk590

Hawk590 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I have watched several shots of people doing this and I think I may finally pull the trigger and do this to my 14. Yours came out great.

16. Catmouth

Catmouth

Apr 3, 2012
    About "The Cave" I hate to destroy some of the mystery but it is a carport that is enclosed on 3 sides. The side that boarders the back yard has ivy on it and it is growing over on the inside wall. I kinda dig the way it looks so I never cut it. It is basically used for storage and my son to beat on a heavy bag. Seemed like the perfect place to work on this knife. It will from this day forward be referred to as "The Cave".

The Cajun Candy is something that my daughter brought home from a school trip. She said she picked it up from a kiosk vendor in Shopryland ( Opry Mills Mall ) in Nashville. It is freaking delicious. I love chow chow. It is like that only sweeter but still with some heat. Totally off subject but if anyone has a good chow chow recipe I would love to have it! haha

17. Nsvens89

Nsvens89

Apr 26, 2011
    Came out great man, You look like a mad scientist in those pictures! I just got an 11, I still have to plan everything I want to do with it.

18. Hawk590

Hawk590 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I cannot find anything on the internet on this but if I can find this when in Nashville this Friday and Sat I will get some for you. I will let you know if I find it and I will ship it or give it to my step brother who will be in Nashville this week for business and find a way to get it to you in Dallas.

It is at least worth a shot to try and find. I was thinking of getting one jar for myself.

19. mctrinket

mctrinket

Feb 26, 2012
    Ha-ha! Gibson is awesome!

20. Kabarcamper

Kabarcamper

Dec 31, 2011
    Or a deranged Uncle E......