On Strike

Isn't it amazing how the thought of incompetence and poor planning at the management level never seem to come up! I never read Blade anymore. They are just a shill for the entitled! :grumpy: :thumbdn: :mad:

This is an incredibly sad situation. Hopefully everything will work out for the best. It would be terrible to see another American knife company go the way of Schrade.

HunterH said:
Hey knifeworker how ya doin???? I went to a job fair today at Hand held products in Skaneateles. They make scanners for bar codes. Talk about night and day between the two companies!!! The building has airconditioning, fitness room, and is so clean that I had to remind myself that this was a factory.If I had to go back, this is definitely a place to be. I had a interview and tour.

Did you find out if they are or aren't union? Also too, they are family owned.

"the Polish trade union Solidarity, the first independent trade union to be recognised in a Communist party controlled country"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity

I always wince when I hear that Ronald Reagan brought down the Wall all by himself. It was Lech Walesa who went through all the high noon stuff.

Why are Camillus owners spoken of as if they're all alone in this. Business owners get together at private clubs all weekend and discuss business. Union members know better than to apply to a country club.

Did you find out if they are or aren't union? Also too, they are family owned.

I don't want to speak for HunterH but........
I'm guessing they are not union. And, good, that they are family owned. Actually makes little difference whether thay are union or not or family owned or not. What makes a difference is how employees are treated. And, yes, how employees treat their employers. While I have never been to HandHeld, it sure sounds like they believe in their employees and vice versa. Happiness and contentment on the job rate right up there with wages and benefits when it comes to looking for a job that one would like. While wages and benefits may get your attention, its the other that keeps you there. I know for a fact that when you punch out everyday knowing your work was appreciated that you go home feeling better about yourself and your job. Its been a long time since alot of us have felt this way at Camillus. There was a time, however.

One last note: Latest story from the local newspaper:http://www.syracuse.com/business/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/business-4/115459592787190.xml&coll=1

well if they do close or go to importing and repackaging at least I ordered 4 bk9's and 4 bk7's in time. That should last me the rest of my life and still have a few left to leave to my kids when i die. I would advise anyone who wants one to try and aquire them asap as they are incredibly hard to find and the price is going up quick. Check ebay there are a few left there.

I would advise anyone who wants one to try and aquire them asap as they are incredibly hard to find and the price is going up quick. Check ebay there are a few left there.

As you say.

BK9 got up 15$ in 2 weeks:jerkit: 30% raise!

It was already hard for me to find the money 2 weeks ago...

I'm sitting here looking at my BK9, thinking -

this is one of the few knives I would count on

But then, I would have to throw myself out of the forum!
None of you should have to see that much bile in a single post!

I've read no updates lately about the strike. Has anyone got any news?

Back