On Tap at Todd's

We're being deprived of Dogfish Head still (I think). Seems they scaled back production for awhile. I liked some of their stuff, but seems some things were brewed just to say it could be done.

That's odd. The local beer store has their 60 and 90 min., and perhaps another one. Pretty good selection for a smallish town. If I ever head your way, and they still carry it, I will bring some.

That's odd. The local beer store has their 60 and 90 min., and perhaps another one. Pretty good selection for a smallish town. If I ever head your way, and they still carry it, I will bring some.

Like I said, that may have changed. You're ever out our way I'm buyin.

Weird - Big Woods' bottled beer is being sold as Quaff On. The motto is, "In the spirit of Big Woods." Where at Big Woods the motto is quaff on.

I suppose their brewery entity is kept separate from the brew pub's that way.

Oh - Helios Pale Ale from Upland in my favorite coozie...

IMG_20140614_131630_448_zpsn2wyddrl.jpg

hmmm....
hate budweiser - like Yuengling lager
Not a fan of Guinness - like Founder's Porter.
tolerate Dunkels, like Bocks (esp doppel bocks), porters, stout, amber & irish (red) ales.
Pale ales are evil, IPA and "double IPA" are abominations.
Barleywine is generally pretty decent.
kolsch is OK when served stupid cold, pils are generally just stupid.
Bitters, OTOH, aren't - nd are in fact fairly tasty.

Had supper at a local brewery up here in MI. Had a stout that reminded me of Left Hand Nitro, only better. Also had my first doppel bock. They served it in a snifter. Damn was it good. High class drinking right there fellers. :D

They have a couple more breweries and tap rooms up here. Going to try and hit up as many as possible before leaving.

Headed out to Oaken Barrel for dinner here in a bit, but in the meantime I'm enjoying my Killian's.
IMG_20140726_183622_055_zps40qvu2se.jpg

Which knife are those blanks for? I had that on tap last week, pretty interesting.

got to try some Ommegang 3 Philosophers today -- not too shabby! (followed it up a bit later with some yuengling Porter)

Back