On Tap at Todd's

Canada has a new export. 8% pumpkin ale that actually tastes good.
10421413_10153622767219603_9151475655290979287_n.jpg

I was packing the magua and the Bullnose today instead of my SAK. Most of my bottle openers were in random boxes ir outside of arms reach. Improvisation was necessary.

IMG_20150917_181632832_zpswmowikyo.jpg

IMG_20150917_183500810_HDR_zpsn70sg9gn.jpg

I could get used to having a back yard though. :D

Leinenkugel Cranberry Ginger Shandy did not receive SWMBO's highest marks ever.
I may be forced to bring a couple to the gathering to share out the pain.
(for the record -- while not their finest offering, it's still well out of Occulto's league)

Leinenkugel Cranberry Ginger Shandy did not receive SWMBO's highest marks ever.
I may be forced to bring a couple to the gathering to share out the pain.
(for the record -- while not their finest offering, it's still well out of Occulto's league)

Yes, but for thise that have never tried the Occulto, understand it takes very little effort to best it.

Setting the bar high there, Vik.

My wife and I dropped in at Oaken Barrel on Saturday evening for dinner and some beer after painting.... I have to say, their Oktoberfest Lager offering right now is the best I've had to date.

Mashcraft Brewery's Oktoberfest holds up as well... Their Beatrix, American Wheat Ale was a nice surprise as well. I'm generally not too big of a fan of wheat beers, but the little bit of hop that pops up on top made it worth the growler fill. Now to finish these and go back for some Skid Row Joe Porter and their black IPA on tap.

Todd brought in a sampler pack from Oskar Blues tonight. It made the sanding go by a bit quicker.

found another Kansas Brewery Sunday -- Kansas Territory brewing Co out of Washington, Ks
had the Breakfast Brown Ale with cornbread waffles smothered in chili & cheese for dinner - mmmmmmmm!!!
now I need to find some of their other offerings - stout & red ale. (they also have a pale, IPA, and wheat for those who don't like the taste of beer)

Started with an Ommegang Three Philosophers, now switched to New Belgium 1554.

Black lagers are a genre that I am going to have to explore further. Good stuff.

Last edited:
1554 is a good one.
McSorley's isn't bad, either.
Saranac does a decent black lager as well.

I just bottled my first batch a red ale that tastes pretty good if I do say so myself

SWMBO found a new one tonight -- Horny Goat Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter.
neither of us was a fan - although it may be that it needed to be cooler.
after the first sip, I looked at the side of the can and saw where they brag up the 55 IBU's....
in tiny, tiny letters around the rim, it also says "malt beverage with artificial flavors added"
<sigh>

It's nice to have some good Southern Indiana beer in the house. Dad brought my up a growler from Red Foot brewing co in Jeffersonville. It's whatever porter they have on tap now and it is excellent.

Killed what was left of my Port Fulton Porter from Red Foot while messing around with some blades in the garage.
IMG_20151111_210509128_zpsu5bbgq1m.jpg

Badass logo, BTW.
IMG_20151111_210953894_zpsqxbuhwll.jpg

Last edited:
A welcome break from Busch.

I'm far too nice to photoshop this.

Really, I just can't photoshop.

Back