On the Koyote Knives website.....

In case you haven't read it, this now on the Koyote Knives website:

"We are no longer taking custom orders. Instead, let us know what type of knife you are interested in, and we will add you to the appropriate email/waiting list. The next time Christof makes that type of knife, the first person on the list for that type of knife gets first dibs. If they turn it down it goes to the next person, and so on. "

Sooooooo...... What type(s) of Koyote knife are you interested in??? I myself am after the illusive LBK :) I already own what I consider to be the nicest Koyote Sgian Dubh out there, so... :)

Interests anyone??? Pics???...mike

Something skinny for me...roach belly with a fuller handle maybe?

I guess I am lucky, I managed to get a few Koyotes early on, but I wanted to repeat what I said before. At first, not taking any more orders seems to be bad news for us as customers, but really it allows the maker more freedom to do some creative things and then offer those items up for sale at different times, so he is not just trying to catch up on the backlog of orders. Good things for us who are lurking around the forums (yeah, I know, get a life :) ) I have also seen, although few and far between, Koyotes up for sale on the Exchange.

I want another Neck knife! I lost mine :(. Perhaps I should put myself on a waiting list... lol.

I had these 2, but traded the 1st and sold the 2nd. I got them both off the exchange. One day I'll get a leuku or a mills pattern type or something else with a nice fat handle and a scandivex/saber grind.

I'm glad that one with the bog oak sold, b/c the handle was too small for me, but it was soooooo tempting. I just couldn't pull the trigger on it (sorry CBryant!)

on the right
jkkosterkoyotemar2011.jpg

stead knife (I should've cleaned the blade a little for the pic, but didn't)
img4001hf.jpg

img4004f.jpg

img4003kf.jpg

img4002z.jpg

img4005s.jpg

I'm glad that one with the bog oak sold, b/c the handle was too small for me, but it was soooooo tempting. I just couldn't pull the trigger on it (sorry CBryant!)

No worries man. Believe me I would not have complained if I had to keep it. I have another in bog oak that I am quite fond of so I figured I would pass that other one along.

I really like that leuku looking one you had, looks like it was wearing osage.

I had an early drop edged Nessmuck in Ipe that I would like to have kept. I owned the Ash Necker made for but not entered in the challenge that was nice but my 57 replaced it.

I had a nice Trail knife but like my LBK a bit better...

Bill

No worries man. Believe me I would not have complained if I had to keep it. I have another in bog oak that I am quite fond of so I figured I would pass that other one along.

I really like that leuku looking one you had, looks like it was wearing osage.

Yep. It was torched osage. I love osage handles. Great feel, great character, and they just get better with age.

The pic is a little deceiving on the scale... it was actually a bird & trout size knife (#106 I found out later). For reference, the blade of the JK on the left is about 3" long by 3/4" wide.

It was an awesome little knife, but I ended up trading it for something a bit bigger.

Back