Old thread, new forum - A new place to post random ideas.

Wow. Just wow. I missed the post with all 6 of those knives. Puuuurdy!!! :cool: Very well done Mr. Hanson!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

IMG_3385.png IMG_3386.jpg IMG_3379.png IMG_3378.png IMG_0254.png IMG_0253.png

( Note to self )
Remember to use PNG setting to export photos to file for posting. 5 x7 for large and medium and 8 x 10 for small photos.

Last edited:
Ya know what? We've got some danged talented folks hanging out around here.
I'm sure glad that you guys allow those of us with no talent to hang out with you.

I'm glad they do too!! A guy can pick up a thing or two around here!

Scagel style drop point hunter with new handle pattern for an old friend, Just found out this spring a friend that I had grown up with just got diagnosed with cancer this past winter. He said the doctors removed it all and he had gone through a round of chemotherapy. He's asked me a couple of times to make him a knife in the past and I hadn't gotten around to until now, and this is the knife I made for him, I hope you like it.IMG_0296.png

Scagel style drop point hunter with new handle pattern for an old friend, Just found out this spring a friend that I had grown up with just got diagnosed with cancer this past winter. He said the doctors removed it all and he had gone through a round of chemotherapy. He's asked me a couple of times to make him a knife in the past and I hadn't gotten around to until now, and this is the knife I made for him, I hope you like it.View attachment 906147
What a real beauty!! And for a great reason as well!
Just awsome!

That's beautiful Scott, nice photo layout too. Hope that's your friends last bout with the cancer.

Thanks John, it hope it is also for him.

Last edited:
Really nice, Scott. I like the overall look of the knife, but absolutely love what you did with the spacers! :thumbsup:

Thanks Sheldon, just trying to come up with new handle patterns.

Fresh off the work bench today, still have to make a sheath for it. I got stuck do a bunch of extra OT shifts at work this fall and it put my knife making behind. So here a couple of quick pics to he knife it still needs a bit of cleaning and finishing yet but I wanted to get a pic or two into BFC before the new year to make it eligible for the annual best hunter thread. This is a new model knife and handle pattern, it'd a 4" bird & trout pattern, some customers have been asking for them, I hope you like it.

IMG_0176.jpg IMG_0174.jpg

Last edited:
Fresh off the work bench today, still have to make a sheath for it. I got stuck do a bunch of extra OT shifts at work this fall and it put my knife making behind. So here a couple of quick pics to he knife it still needs a bit of cleaning and finishing yet but I wanted to get a pic or two into BFC before the new year to make it eligible for the annual best hunter thread. This is a new model knife and handle pattern, it'd a 4" bird & trout pattern, some customers have been asking for them, I hope you like it.

View attachment 1041548

View attachment 1041566 View attachment 1041567
:eek:
Absolutely beautiful, Scott!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back