Once Again, Your Favorite Carry Handgun

Favorite? Kimber Ultra RCP II in a Galco OWB holster, FBI cant. 3 o'clock on Hanks carry belt.

Most carried? Ruger LCR 38+P, Hogue custom grip, Safari-land pocket holster, Speed Gold Dot 38+p Short Barrel Optimized, RFP Duluth firehose flex pants. Literally every-day all day carry.

Consistency and training.

best

mqqn

View attachment 1288348 View attachment 1288347 These are easy to carry but hard to shoot. You probably want to use them two handed in a self defense situation when your adrenaline is up.

Ok... I'm confused.. The one on the left would look to be a 360PD, except it's silver tone, not black... and the front sight is wrong. The one on the right at first blush could be a 340PD, but the front sight looks wrong on that one too... but both seem to have the scandium marking on the RH side... What ARE those models?? :)

Regardless, you are correct. ANY airweight J frame snubby is a handful with +P's, let alone .357's. Definitely not a one handed pistol. Especially with the OE grips. (they suck)
How do you like the Crimson trace grips for shooting comfort?

I'm currently on the hunt for a new set of grips for my 360PD. My daughter stole my Pachmayr decellerators for her 642. They were a tad big anyway. I'd like something a touch bigger than the stockers, but not quite as long as all the full three finger grips. Any ideas??

Last edited:
Favorite? Kimber Ultra RCP II in a Galco OWB holster, FBI cant. 3 o'clock on Hanks carry belt.

Most carried? Ruger LCR 38+P, Hogue custom grip, Safari-land pocket holster, Speed Gold Dot 38+p Short Barrel Optimized, RFP Duluth firehose flex pants. Literally every-day all day carry.

Consistency and training.

best

mqqn

I really like the Galco paddle for my Kimber. And those Duluth firehose shorts... NEVER thought I'd spend that much on a pair of shorts, but dang! They're sweet.

I carry a 30 dollar gun belt of ebay made by some amish. It's just thick saddle skirting g leather. I've been using it for 5 years. But dam are those Hanks belts are nice mqqn mqqn

Ok... I'm confused.. The one on the left would look to be a 360PD, except it's silver tone, not black... and the front sight is wrong. The one on the right at first blush could be a 340PD, but the front sight looks wrong on that one too... but both seem to have the scandium marking on the RH side... What ARE those models?? :)

Regardless, you are correct. ANY airweight J frame snubby is a handful with +P's, let alone .357's. Definitely not a one handed pistol. Especially with the OE grips. (they suck)
How do you like the Crimson trace grips for shooting comfort?

I'm currently on the hunt for a new set of grips for my 360PD. My daughter stole my Pachmayr decellerators for her 642. They were a tad big anyway. I'd like something a touch bigger than the stockers, but not quite as long as all the full three finger grips. Any ideas??

These are the 340 and 360 models. They are the older models with Titanium cylinders. The sights are original but quite easy to change. The 340 DAO model is older than the 360. I bought a high viz sight but haven’t installed it because of the laser grips. These grips have a shock absorption pockets over the back straps. They work better than the old hard plastic grips which left the back straps exposed. I moved the old grips to 22cal kit guns. I like the ability to shoot from many positions without drawing a bead. The LG-105 grips are uncushioned. The LG-405 grips are cushioned.

I carry a 30 dollar gun belt of ebay made by some amish. It's just thick saddle skirting g leather. I've been using it for 5 years. But dam are those Hanks belts are nice mqqn mqqn

Hi Jack -
I don't think I paid much more than $30 for my Hanks - you can get blems and returns for cheap - and one will last you at least 5 years of daily carry before it goes soft. Great quality in my experience.
best
mqqn

S&W Bodyguard .380/pocket holster
S&W Shield 9 mm/Galco IWB
S&W M&P 40C/Alien Gear IWB
S&W M&P 40/Safariland L3 Duty Holster

I guess I like the M&P series! I don’t carry all of them at the same time. Light carry is just the Bodyguard. Typical would be the pocket gun and either the Shield or the C. I also carry the C or the full sized 40 off body in a Maxpedition universal holster, which I have in both my 5.11 backpack and Vanquest messenger bag. Extra mag is either in the bag or an IWB kydex mag pouch made by a local guy that sells at the gun show near me.

Pocket EDC always includes an SAK, small flashlight (variety of those), bandanna, and a folder (most commonly either a Spyderco Manix 2 XL, Spyderco Yojimbo, or a Benchmade Bugout). Occasionally add a small fixed blade from a variety of JK options that I have. Some favorites for this role include the EDC Kephart, Kentucky Fieldmate, Riverwoods Companion, and my latest addition an Element Hunter.

I envy those that can carry on a daily basis. That’s not permitted in my area. I do, however, like the P365. I also like the 340pd.

Weekdays is my Glock 43 in a N82 Tuckable holster. Glock 19 on the weekends in an Old El Paso Saddlery OWB holster, under either a t-shirt or jacket.

I was taught "the simpler the better." Now, for fun I'll shoot my Tussey Customs, but when I walk around now I go back to that SW 640 .38 SPL.

If one round fails to fire, just squeeze the trigger again.

CZ 75 P02 in a Milt Sparks rig - either IWB Summer Special or OWB in another old Bruce Nelson pattern, 55BN, on either a Milt Sparks belt or a Wilderness original Instructor Belt.

This is my SW 640. Despite having the cylinder, the revolver lays pretty flat against me. The holster is a thumb-break, and while I have used this carry method for years, you still have to learn how to snap it open quick and draw the revolver smoothly.
DSC03063.JPG

This is my SW 640. Despite having the cylinder, the revolver lays pretty flat against me. The holster is a thumb-break, and while I have used this carry method for years, you still have to learn how to snap it open quick and draw the revolver smoothly.
View attachment 1291915
I use a very old Roy Baker pancake style thumb break holster for my .45

I've been carrying my G43 a good bit this summer. I picked up a couple extended (+3) magazines from Taran Tactical. I've only ran a hundred rounds or so through them but have had zero issues so far.

Back