One knife(fixed or folding ,max blade length 14 inches, max handle length 10 inches)

If you were air dropped into a random terrain with random obstacles and make it 20 miles out in 5 days, what knife, fitting the aforementioned parameters, would you chose, you would only have this and your clothes , but everything you need to survive can be found in the forest.

I would chose a big chris custom knife sports chopper, so i could cut down trees and possible zambies.

Corey

Probably one of those leather handled beauties from @wajgy or something very similar. But I’ve always liked those knives, and they seem to be made for hard/survival type use (the bigger ones, that is). Although, I bet an EDC/Hunter size would do darn near as well.

ETA: Those are at the top of the parameters. As far as folding, I’d have a Buck with me for sure :thumbsup:

Probably just a Mora Basic or Companion or similar. Doesn't matter all that much. Capable enough and stupid light. The weight being a key part.

I'd try to traverse those 20 miles in a day; it's absolutely doable if you're not already starving and have some experience running in the sticks. Less time out there is a greater chance of survival. The caveat being you'd need a reliable water source, and to know where you're going.

I don’t like the word “random”, I’d want some details. Is there a foot of snow on the ground?...midday is it gonna be 102 degrees?
If it’s hot I wanna travel light, if it’s gonna be chilly I’ll be more concerned with shelter and fire.
by random it would be not to extreme, e.g light snow, of medium heavy rain, but not an easy place overall, basically you would die without the proper tool

Probably just a Mora Basic or Companion or similar. Doesn't matter all that much. Capable enough and stupid light. The weight being a key part.

I'd try to traverse those 20 miles in a day; it's absolutely doable if you're not already starving and have some experience running in the sticks. Less time out there is a greater chance of survival. The caveat being you'd need a reliable water source, and to know where you're going.
when you are dropped in , you are well rested, and your hunger/ thirst is sated

Also, you are not supposed to know the conditions very well, if you did, it would be a lot easier!

I wouldn't be concerned if the knife I had was the ideal one for every use, I'd just use the knife I had for whatever I needed. I'd say a BK9 and focus on the task at hand.

YmORlVE.jpg

The sizes you ask about are on the hilarious side from my POW. Especially for a folder... it's machete territory. This said, there are lots of cool machetes out there in that range...

Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri...

Shelter building, fire wood, personal defense, food acquisition & prep are all in the sweet spot of this 22 oz powerhouse. Plus it looks cool

Back