One Man, One Knife, How long can I last?

Still holding strong. Had it out for a hike today.

Not much update otherwise. My wife gave birth to our first child last week so I was around the hospital for 4 or 5 days and it proved pretty useful...Lots of time to kill.

Patina is coming along strong

Congrats on the baby! Your Crown Lifter is coming along nicely.

Thank you

Dropped it from 4 feet on the tile floor in my basement the other night my heart dropped

Nothing but a really small flat spot on theach end of the bolster. It's a tool meant to be used. Just love marks

I do it both ways. I have carried a Swiss Army Classic SD M-F to the office for years: yes it's small (tiny actually) but the various tools come in handy and is acceptable to even the most risk-adverse of my co-workers. On weekends and vacations the rotation is king.

Speaking of forced patinas, I never liked them until I tried the minced fruits & veggies technique courtesy of Fiddleback Forge. It gave a striking cuboidal pattern on a new Case Mini Copperlock CV that complements the red jigged bone scales nicely.

Congrats on the baby! Your Crown Lifter is coming along nicely.

Thank you

Dropped it from 4 feet on the tile floor in my basement the other night my heart dropped

Nothing but a really small flat spot on theach end of the bolster. It's a tool meant to be used. Just love marks

For a second there I thought you were talking about the baby! :eek: :D (Congrats, by the way!)

Your Crown Lifter is looking great!

Congrats on your new arrival! And good to see you are going strong with your edc project. I have to admit, I have not been able to do the one knife thing--as much as I wanted to. I like a fixed blade on hikes and camping... and for just about everything, along with a modern and traditional folder in my pockets. But, but... you are inspiring. So, maybe I'll try it; for me it would be my new GEC 77 clip point/ green saw cut bone. But you have the edge man... yours opens beers. That alone is a tremendous advantage in terms of making it as your sole edc. ;)

I have four kids, and the last time I slept well was long, long ago. Good luck with the new addition... and be careful with your knife. Sleep deprivation due to newborns can be rough!

Still holding strong. Had it out for a hike today.

Not much update otherwise. My wife gave birth to our first child last week so I was around the hospital for 4 or 5 days and it proved pretty useful...Lots of time to kill.

Congratulations on your first child, mortonm!!!:thumbup::cool::thumbup:
You're my nominee for the master of understatement. :eek::D
"Not much update otherwise", except for what may be the most life-altering event you'll ever experience!! :p
YMMV, of course, but that's how it was for me; 28 years later, I'm still trying to grasp all the implications and deal with the repercussions of being a dad!! :eek:

- GT

"Not much update otherwise", except for what may be the most life-altering event you'll ever experience!! :p
YMMV, of course, but that's how it was for me; 28 years later, I'm still trying to grasp all the implications and deal with the repercussions of being a dad!! :eek:

- GT

GT, trust me on this; you never fully grasp all the implications of being a dad!
:D

Mortonm; congratulations on beginning one of life's most fascinating, scary, frustrating, puzzling, maddening, joyful adventures. That of raising a child. It's a roller coaster ride!

For a second there I thought you were talking about the baby! :eek: :D (Congrats, by the way!)

Your Crown Lifter is looking great!

haha thank you, after re-reading what I had wrote it definitely sounds like I dropped the baby

Congrats on your new arrival! And good to see you are going strong with your edc project. I have to admit, I have not been able to do the one knife thing--as much as I wanted to. I like a fixed blade on hikes and camping... and for just about everything, along with a modern and traditional folder in my pockets. But, but... you are inspiring. So, maybe I'll try it; for me it would be my new GEC 77 clip point/ green saw cut bone. But you have the edge man... yours opens beers. That alone is a tremendous advantage in terms of making it as your sole edc. ;)

I have four kids, and the last time I slept well was long, long ago. Good luck with the new addition... and be careful with your knife. Sleep deprivation due to newborns can be rough!

Thank you for the kind words, the opener/drive blade is certaintly the reason I picked this, its just so handy for any number of things that might tear up a blade!

- GT

GT, trust me on this; you never fully grasp all the implications of being a dad!

Mortonm; congratulations on beginning one of life's most fascinating, scary, frustrating, puzzling, maddening, joyful adventures. That of raising a child. It's a roller coaster ride!

Thank you guys, I am learning every day, and I expect to for a long long time!

Another week and still strong, was severely tempted by a couple 15s posted in ebony with a cap lifter and clip blade, but I resisted, likely only because of the asking price..one day I will find one, but its not today

Starting to get some peppering and colour on the back springs as well

You get a new baby and yet don't get a new knife to celebrate??:eek::eek::D Time for change!;)

Been awhile since an update, and essentially this is done as of a week or two ago. I could have kept going but my dream GEC knife was made available on the secondary market and I couldn't turn it town. It is essentially the same knife though.

This was more of an exercise to realise that I didnt need more than one pocket knife, even though I want them. I think for me a 2 or 3 knife rotation is about right. i also have an old cross pioneer that I like to carry as well.

here is what bumped the sheepsfoot cap lifer...

Radio Jack

Nice.
How long before you start to miss the sheepsfoot blade, do you reckon?

I already do, its such a handle shape, but the clip is better at food and similar stuff, so its plus and minus, the clip looks better in my opinion which in the end doesnt matter too much.

I still have and will keep the other (the easy open is nice too!) and will carry them based on what the day will entail, its a good problem to have!

I really love the look of these new 74 with the clip, but its just too big for me in my pocket, Ill just drool over everyone elses pictures

Both very nice. I recently got a Crown Lifter in Antique Bone and I find the long Sheepfoot more than versatile, prefer it to Clip actually.

But, both of these are Ebony..you need to try something else as well :D That's rotation :cool:

Both very nice. I recently got a Crown Lifter in Antique Bone and I find the long Sheepfoot more than versatile, prefer it to Clip actually.

But, both of these are Ebony..you need to try something else as well :D That's rotation :cool:

Haha I like simple and durable! My pioneer is red Alox so that's very different

Both great knives for sure but you certainly landed a classic in the Radio Jack. I had the jigged red bone and sold it...still regret that:eek:

Back