One-Of-A-Kind knives!

Here's my current group of "one-offs", with two modified production models included.

L7p5dC8.jpg

So you’re the one who got that amazing Mcwasil front flipper!

This one's likely unique as it's an older and somewhat rare Shirogorov--the Tabargan--in a more modern steel--M390. It's funny seeing this revitalized older thread that includes a post from @BluegrassBrian as I bought the knife from him a couple years ago. Brian had these beautiful marbled CF scales and backspacer made for the knife by SheperdCC (likely during one of his non-meltdown periods). I enjoyed having this one and the fact that it was one-of-a-kind, but ultimately that meant that I didn't want to risk scuffing it up. I fondled and admired it for a couple years, sold it last spring, and put the money toward a Shiro 3 Bears F95R that I carry and use.

iuMamTu.jpg

Keyha8I.jpg

UlyT9hA.jpg
That is one really nice looking knife and that M390 steel blade really adds to it's value.

Don't know if it counts but just got this Arius in a trade and bill Koenig said it was one of three that he made like it early on.

Dont know if this counts, this a Freddy Kruegar glove I made when I was 15 years old. Made from cut up stove pipe, aircraft rivets and mild steel blades (I didn't know any better:oops:) I remember walking around in my neighborhood with it with friends....got the cops called on me. I was a strange teenager:confused:

I guess this Cold Steel 1917 Frontier Bowie could be considered a one of a kind. I removed the bluing from the blade, gave it a brushed satin finish, and convexed the cutting edge. It may be that some others out there have had similar treatment, but mine will obviously differ in some ways from some other person's handiwork. I am not rulling out replacing the rosewood grips it now has, for some other material, (although I would likely keep the original handle shape). The ivory look appeals to me, so an ivory linen micarta material, or a decent quality polymer ivory, would be okay. Don't know if I have the skills to make it myself, so I may have to seek that from someone else. In any case, it would make the knife that much more of a one of a kind for me :)

25t9fdh.jpg

It never gets old @91bravo seeing the beauty Nathan created for you, now let's see what you do with it in Knife or death! Best of luck to your wife also, hope she has been working those arms, that BC could get heavy on those buckets.

Not sure if this is the kind of thing you are referring to but Olamic makes some great “one of a kinds” based on their line of knives.

I have one of only four bronze mini Wayfarer knives but mine has a hand carved skull image on the scale. There is no other knife like it.

Olamic seems to have one or two “one of a kinds” available at most times.

I bought mine a Epicurean Edge. If you go to their site (www.epicureanedge.com ) and look at the Olamic stock they have on hand you will see a “previously purchased” listing with photos and specs of models they’ve sold in the past. My knife and some other one of a kinds are listed there including pictures.

Sorry if this is irrelevant or TMI!

Eugene from Olamic called to thank me for buying the “skull” knife because there was some story behind why they carved the image. That was kind of cool.

Schempp Bowie with desert ironwood covers...I had to machine the bolsters at a standard 45deg to get the fit right. Trimmed the top quillion while I was at it.
Also, a "rocked up" Manix 2...
It9yG54.jpg

The Chappy Spyderco should have made...more ironwood fashioned by he who shall not be named...great craftsmanship nonetheless:
n3rjhvH.jpg

N5 with curly koa covers, they are stunning IRL, again, give the devil his due:

FEcFyex.jpg

WchIDnj.jpg

Got a CS Voyager with an m390 custom blade dropped in if I can find a pic, if not I'll add a new pic later.

Last edited:
Funny there's a couple of BRT Kwaikens above. Beautiful pair. I'd bet the red ray skin was double ground since the makers mark is on the other side?

I asked Ben to make me a 5" Slim Oregonto Kwaiken in .125 blade stock, chisel ground. It's a beautiful light EDC. The folded aluminum sheath is fantastic. It's better than that- I've never had a knife / sheath combination that was 1. The widest part of the rig is the Turks head knot.

full

I liked it so much I got a Double Ground one:

full

It was a pleasure working with Ben at http://www.brtbladeworks.com

Mitch

What is it with scale makers, PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne and SpySmasher SpySmasher ? Both "he who shall not be named" (pretty sure I know who that is) and he that Smasher and I did name did great work and then went off the deep end, although the latter does seem to come back up for air occasionally. Is it something in the CF or Micarta dust?

Here's one of mine that's unique. I think it's the sweetest of an often-pimped knife-the ZT0801--that I've seen. I can take no credit for it other than ownership, as I bought it as is from someone that had commissioned two different individuals' work--one being the custom pivot and the other the anodizing and hand-sanding. I love the way the blade is done with all the usual ZT Billboard info removed save the serial number. The contrast between the stonewashed grinds and the sanded flats is gorgeous.

I can claim a little credit, I suppose, as I discovered having scratched up the bolsters after carry and spending a night in front of the TV re-sanding. That was the last time I carried this one and have pondered selling it as I move to cut down on safe queens.

nMv7SdI.jpg

onVm2NR.jpg

idx2dca.jpg

TTmYoYV.jpg

RknTCV0.jpg

Back