One of my hobbies..

slg98

Cove Dweller
Gold Member
Besides cutting myself with really sharp knives, one of my hobbies is Photoshop/Graphic art. I've always been a movie nut, I own hundreds, but I've always hated the retail covers so I make my own. (yeah I know) Here are a few examples of some that I've made. Some of these have won contests on a few Cover sites that I belong to. It's challenging trying to come up with original ideas but fun..

In order to print these the right size to fit a case with out stretching the Hi Res versions are 3173 x 1762. The detail really doesn't show in these smaller preview versions..

qDW9unD.jpg

ufQgvwu.jpg

ZbJe3ok.jpg

0Q0PX2j.jpg

Tm6zhHD.jpg

x7umYvY.jpg

SOeX8pU.jpg

kYeYwx6.jpg

7yKxsOi.jpg

Wow man those are awesome, you have some serious talent my friend. :thumbup: Hopefully someday you can turn your talent into a career.

Those are pretty sic. I would like to see what you could do with a movie like Fight Club or Pulp Fiction.

Those are stunning! You have some major talent sir! My favorite is the professional, great movie.

Thanks for the comments guys..:)

Wow man those are awesome, you have some serious talent my friend. :thumbup: Hopefully someday you can turn your talent into a career.
Yeah...I'm not sure why this is a hobby, and not a profession. Nice work!
Well there are about a gazillion professional Graphic artists that are pretty amazing so the field is pretty packed. I'm in awe of some of the folks that do this. Their work is stunning and dwarfs mine by comparison. I have done work for friends and family, logo stuff and photo retouching type projects.

Those are pretty sic. I would like to see what you could do with a movie like Fight Club or Pulp Fiction.
So many movies...So little time.lol I love both those movies.

Yup, the talent is there to do it professionally. Getting paid is a whole different ball game. Lining up work in graphic art is tough.

Thanks for sharing. I'm a bit of a movie enthusiast myself. :thumbup:

I've had some spare time so I've made a few more custom covers. I have to make 8 per year to keep my Designer status on the cover website I belong to...

This is a cool movie with Scarlett Johansson ..

RY6XJgu.jpg

This was for a contest..2nd place..:( ..For most competitions you have to make a disc label as well.

bT2LsQA.jpg

L2Shszy.jpg

Great B-movie..

vVTbofB.jpg

Besides cutting myself with really sharp knives, one of my hobbies is Photoshop/Graphic art. I've always been a movie nut, I own hundreds, but I've always hated the retail covers so I make my own. (yeah I know) Here are a few examples of some that I've made. Some of these have won contests on a few Cover sites that I belong to.

So in other words, you're kinda a big deal on the Internet...?

Got it. :D

-- Very cool work! Thanks for letting us see. I enjoy seeing fresh takes on familiar (or at least, expected) execution, and really like what you've done here. :)

~ P.

So in other words, you're kinda a big deal on the Internet...?

Got it. :D

-- Very cool work! Thanks for letting us see. I enjoy seeing fresh takes on familiar (or at least, expected) execution, and really like what you've done here. :)

~ P.
True, I'm a big deal...in my own mind! :D

Tx Sarah...;)

Very, very, nice work slg and I have a question.

When you replace a retail cover with one of your custom covers, do you keep the retail cover? I don't know if you're into trading or reselling your movies but it would seem to me that, if you do, the person taking delivery of the movie would like not only the custom cover that you've created but the original retail cover as well.

Very, very, nice work slg and I have a question.

When you replace a retail cover with one of your custom covers, do you keep the retail cover? I don't know if you're into trading or reselling your movies but it would seem to me that, if you do, the person taking delivery of the movie would like not only the custom cover that you've created but the original retail cover as well.

Actually I do save the retails in a folder. But I don't sell or trade movies so I'm not worried what you said.

The biggest reason I save them is for reference, in case I need to find studio information, logo placement, etc. Everything I do on the covers is for the most part from scratch, typing in legals and all that. So to save time from cover to cover I've made templates for the different studio's, Paramount, Universal, MGM, Sony pictures etc. Unfortunately the studios are constantly changing the info on the cover backs so I may have different templates for one studio covering a span of years.

Back