1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

One steel for the rest of your life. Which one and why?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BrandoSpoke, Mar 22, 2017.

1. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    I am a big fan of Elmax at 58-60 RHC. Tough, stainless, and great edge retention. I could live with VG10 though.

2. bback

bback

Mar 24, 2017
    Fällkniven Lam.CoS or M390 for knives since stainless prevents grey hair popping up. Choppers/hatchets on the other hand....

3. Steel130

Steel130

Sep 17, 2010
    3V or any of its analogs. I love it's overall performance, toughness, and with good heat treat it's plenty stainless. I have a Cruwear Spyderco that I stuck in a lemon for 20 minutes and then left sitting out another 15 and it didn't change color at all.

4. hugofeynman

hugofeynman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Vanadis 4 extra.

5. Stringplucker

Stringplucker

Jun 1, 2016
    Vibranium. If it's good enough for Captain America, it's good enough for me.

...or plain old 1095. It's a great steel for blades, easy to sharpen, holds it's edge well, and durable. I prefer it in my fixed blades as well as my folders.