One ugly.....

Most of you know by now that I've been kind of sick, but recently I've started a new treatment that seems to be working, and I can do some forge work again.

This photo was taken today, and it sure does feel good to be back to work! but I've got to get the callousses built back up!

me2a.jpg

I still get tired pretty quick, but I think I might be able to actually get some stuff done this month!

You need to watch the upswing of the hammer! That's a nasty bruise on your chin.;) Seriously, good to see you back at it.

Bubba!!! Take it easy and don't over do.:thumbup:
Yep!! That up swing. Never mind the bruise on the chin:eek: :eek: Look at the face :eek: :eek: He must of hit it with the hammer a few hundred times.:p HEHEHE!!

indian george said:
:eek: Look at the face :eek: :eek: He must of hit it with the hammer a few hundred times.:p HEHEHE!!

What's your excuse? :)

I'll grow the full beard back when it isn't 105º out!

ysforge said:
What's your excuse? :)

I'll grow the full beard back when it isn't 105º out!
I was born ugly:eek: :eek: When I was born the doctor slapped everyone in the delivery room. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Instead of a beard, try a bag over your head. :jerkit: :eek: :D

indian george said:
Instead of a beard, try a bag over your head. :jerkit: :eek: :D

Is that how you have sex?

I was born handsome, but I grew up ugly... ;)

indian george said:
Only with you and I like the way you like the handles of the bag tide tight around your neck.:eek: :eek: :barf: :D

Anything so I don't have to look at your face! :D

Here's another mug-shot, I'm trying to get content to rebuild my web-site right now...

me3a.jpg

I know I look young, but I've been doing this for almost 15 years!

You have to admire a guy who works hot steel without the benifit of a pair of gloves. Are those flip flops you're wearing? Too cool :eek:. Fred

Fred.Rowe said:
You have to admire a guy who works hot steel without the benifit of a pair of gloves. Are those flip flops you're wearing? Too cool :eek:. Fred
Fred, why are you asking???? Does flip-flops turn you on.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't know for sure, but I've been told that Master Mark Williams has been known to forge "Nekkid"........... "Oh, the humannity"...(Wasn't that a quote from another great disaster from the past? )

Fred.Rowe said:

I do break out the gloves for when I'm working a big billet on the power hammer, otherwise I prefer the control of bare-handing it!

I used to 'smith bare-foot, but I got tired of the copper splinters. I do have a video somewhere (if it wasn't lost in one of the crashes) of me running the power hammer in 'flops.

indian george said:
Fred, why are you asking???? Does flip-flops turn you on.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Absolutely!:thumbup: Flops are not just a fashion statement; worn in the forge, they are a sure sign you have fire proof feet or love the feel of blisters. I speak from experience. :eek: Man, does that flux burn a long time or what.:eek:

Roosko said:
Don't know for sure, but I've been told that Master Mark Williams has been known to forge "Nekkid"........... "Oh, the humannity"...(Wasn't that a quote from another great disaster from the past? )
Burning airships can't out disaster us forgers. Some scary stuff happens there. What was the thinking on using hydrogen gas anyway?

Warning!

One, well placed dollop of flaming borax will rival any bikini wax you can imagin; if you are considering forging in your birthday suit.:jerkit:

ysforge said:
I do break out the gloves for when I'm working a big billet on the power hammer, otherwise I prefer the control of bare-handing it!

I used to 'smith bare-foot, but I got tired of the copper splinters. I do have a video somewhere (if it wasn't lost in one of the crashes) of me running the power hammer in 'flops.

I too, like to work without the gloves when possible. I think you get a better feel for the work. If I have newbies in the shop I make them put the gloves on
when they come in the door. They pickup everything, hot or not. :eek:

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet. Sitting for long periods of time
when you are used to being productive is not a lot of fun. I hope your progress continues. Fred :thumbup:

Fred.Rowe said:
I too, like to work without the gloves when possible. I think you get a better feel for the work. If I have newbies in the shop I make them put the gloves on
when they come in the door. They pickup everything, hot or not. :eek:

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet. Sitting for long periods of time
when you are used to being productive is not a lot of fun. I hope your progress continues. Fred :thumbup:
Fred: Let me give you a hint here. You shouldn't hold the re-bar handle on the end of the billet in your teeth when you put it in and out of the forge. This would help your Shoe Leather Face. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Fred.Rowe said:
One, well placed dollop of flaming borax will rival any bikini wax you can imagin; if you are considering forging in your birthday suit.:jerkit:

So, Fred, just how many Bikini waxes have you had? :D

Back