Recommendation? One Watch, One Knife

Hamilton Khaki King on a black perlon strap, and a Fallkniven S1 Pro. At full retail plus tax, that should finish off the thou.

Dan Henry meca quartz and a Kizer Feist w/ holes

5uWM8mG.jpg

Good, if not great, knives can be had for around $50. Definitely under $100. I mean, just go buy a two dot Buck 110 off eBay for $60, send it in for a spa treatment and be set for life. Watches are a different story. With few exceptions (and none come to mind at the moment), a watch with a battery ain’t worth discussing. Take the $934 you’ve got left over after buying the 110 and sending it in for the spa treatment and buy you something used with an automatic movement. I’m a huge fan of Hamilton. My everyday wear is a really nice jazz master. Or maybe find you a used omega. If you’d rather spend more money on the knife, get you an orient watch. Great value. As for me, I’ll admit I’m currently in the market for a Randall knife but I’d gladly carry one of buck’s China line knives if it meant I could finally get me a Rolex submariner. Or at least get the one back I had to sell 4 or so years ago when oil prices tanked. I’m just a dumb, middle aged roughneck with more kids than I can feed. But I like nice stuff ha.

Casio Forester ($10), for the knife ... I'm not sure. possibly another Buck 110, (around $30), Rough Ryder RR603 large stockman, ($10) and a(SMKW) Marbles MR278 "G.I. Utility Knife" (call it$7). A wonderful EDC combination, by the way, ... and maybe a XL thin crust sausage, pepperoni and mushroom pizza, and a couple pints of beer.

I'd use the rest of the money for other things I "need"/want, like a pair of .50 caliber Traditions "Kentucky" rifle kits; one flintlock and one percussion; a functional powder horn, 5 err so pounds SWISS 1.5 Fg powder ... a Old Hickory or Russell Green River Works "Buffalo Skinner" knife and a suitable sheath, and probably a couple extra flints, tins of caps, a couple boxes .490 inch 100% lead round ball, and a few hundred pre-lubed patches. Might even "splurge" and get a pair of .50 caliber Traditions "Kentucky" pistol kits 91 flintlock and 1 percussion) to go with the rifles, too. :D

(the Casio in picture is approximately 6 years old, has been worn 24/7/365, so no longer looks new. It might find or lose part of a second a month. I ain't sure. I only have to reset the time twice a year for daylight savings time, and when that goes away. Still running the original "10 year" battery, and the original strap ain't broke ... yet)

View attachment 1449416

A new Hamilton and a new Dawson. Or a well-used Breitling and a new Buck.

xYlcDv2.jpg

Zieg

its pretty much impossible to find a used breitling in decent condition for under $1000, you need more like $1,500 and even then you have to look for a while until something in good shape pops up.

As for the watch, if you're looking for something you can beat the hell out of, I'd go with a Marathon TSAR. If you want something a little more delicate with an automatic movement, go with a Seiko SKX007 and an aftermarket oyster bracelet from strapcode. If you go with the TSAR, you'll have about $280 to play with for the knife. I'd choose the Benchmade Osborne, Bugout, or a well used small Sebenza.

its pretty much impossible to find a used breitling in decent condition for under $1000, you need more like $1,500 and even then you have to look for a while until something in good shape pops up.
Oh, OK. Thanks for that. :rolleyes:

Zieg

I wouldn't need $1000.

I'd be afraid to wear a watch over $500.

I like my Swatch I wear most days. It's a 2013 Irony series Diaphane Chrono. They only made it in 2013. It keeps excellent time, I can change the battery myself, and it is ridiculously lightweight. Aluminum and ceramic band. I paid $180 for it new.

As for the knife, my Para 3 Spy27 lightweight.

Lately, I've been into lightweight stuff.

x7iz74F.jpg

no seriously, you seem to imply that its common knowledge that you can get a breitling in decent shape for under 1000, tell the OP how you can do that since he is asking

OK, tiny chest thumper. First, he's not really asking for that sort of detail; he started a "silly puchase thread" because he wants a little light, fun reading; you're asking for you, not him. Second, I'm not going to do your homework for you. Go to eBay, key in "Breitling" with the filters of $700 to $900 and Buy It Now. Quartz, manual, automatic, ani-digi, analog, vintage, later models. And this is just the inflated eBay selection. Troll the watch forums, call a vintage watch dealer. Me cago en dios! Why do I let putos like you get to me? It must be the election stress. And maybe I skipped breakfast. Whatever it is, "SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!"

Zieg

OK, tiny chest thumper. First, he's not really asking for that sort of detail; he started a "silly puchase thread" because he wants a little light, fun reading; you're asking for you, not him. Second, I'm not going to do your homework for you. Go to eBay, key in "Breitling" with the filters of $700 to $900 and Buy It Now. Quartz, manual, automatic, ani-digi, analog, vintage, later models. And this is just the inflated eBay selection. Troll the watch forums, call a vintage watch dealer. Me cago en dios! Why do I let putos like you get to me? It must be the election stress. And maybe I skipped breakfast. Whatever it is, "SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!"
Zieg

i search breitlings on ebay all the time, the ones you find for that price are usually in poor shape. one of the best deals i ever saw was an automatic blue dial superocean colt for $1200 with no bracelet in great shape that i jumped on immediately.

i search breitlings on ebay all the time, the ones you find for that price are usually in poor shape. one of the best deals i ever saw was an automatic blue dial superocean colt for $1200 with no bracelet in great shape that i jumped on immediately.
See, this is why I didn't want to get into this. You just want everyone to know you're the smart guy. OK, good for you. You win, you get a cookie.

Zieg

Back