Online Knife making books on Google

bladsmth said:
How Old is the repeating Rifle?
A few years back I was listening to Clay Jenkins ( as Thomas Jefferson) on NPR. He was talking about the Lewis and Clark expedition, and mentioned they had a smokeless repeating rifle that used air for power. I had forgotten about that until a friend sent me this video clip yesterday.

Anyone want to build some air powered BMG's??? Sam????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI&feature=player_embedded
Great video link
more info
http://www.beemans.net/lewis-assault-rifle.htm

Here is a related book.
001a_ConstructionOFairgun__59876_zoom.gif

http://www.virtualnewsagent.com/pro...n-and-Operation-of-the-Air-Gun-%2d-Vol-1.html
There is a volume 2 also

http://download712.mediafire.com/z0...+and+Operation+of+the+Air+Gun+Vol+1+and+2.zip

I would love to build an M2 air rifle
The closest I have seen is this guy selling plans for a shell that takes a paint ball marker mechanism.
http://www.john-tom.com/AirsoftPaintball/AirGun/AirGunPlans.html#ReplicaBrowning

Last edited:
This list was taken from the old CKDF board:
BOOKS

How to Make Knives, by Robert Loveless/Richard Barney. *
Great overview of the different knifemaking methods including stock removal, forging, flat grinding, and sheaths.

Step by Step Knifemaking, by David Boye. *

Custom Knifemaking: 10 Projects From a Master Craftsman, by Tim McCreight. *

Knifecraft : A Comprehensive Step-By-Step Guide to the Art of Knifemaking, by Sidney Latham. *

Knifemaking: A Complete Guide to Crafting Knives, Handles and Sheaths, by Bo Bergman. *
This book deals exclusively with Scandinavian style knives.

The Hand Forged Blade: An Introduction to the Working of Modern Tool Steels, by Karl Schroen. *

Introduction to Bladesmithing, by E. Jay Hendrickson @

Basic Forging and Pattern Welded Damascus Steel, by Jerry Fisk @

Notes From Bill Moran's Classes on Knifemaking 1985 and Damascus Steel @

From the Past, by William Moran, Jr. @

The Complete Bladesmith: Forging Your Way to Perfection, by Jim Hrisoulas. *

Master Bladesmith: Advanced Studies in Steel, by Jim Hrisoulas. *

Pattern Welded Blade, by Jim Hrisoulas. *

Damascus Steel, by Manfred Sachse. *

On Damascus Steel, by Leo Figiel. *

Mokume Gane in the Small Shop: The Complete Guide to Diffusion Welded Mokume, by Steve Midgett. *

The Tactical Folding Knife, by Bob Terzuola. *
Instructs on how to build a locking liner folder.

How to Make Folding Knives: A Step by Step How-to, by Ron Lake, Frank Centofante, and Wayne Clay. *
Instructs on how to make lockback folders.

How to Make Multi-Blade Folding Knives, by Eugene Shadley and Terry Davis.

Practical Heat Treating, by Howard Boyer. *

Heat Treater's Guide, by Unterweiser, Boyer, and Kubbs.

The Razor Edge Book of Sharpening, by John Juranitch. *

How to Scrimshaw and Carve Ivory, by Blackie and Michael Collins. *

The Art of Engraving, by James Meek. *

Build Your Own Hydraulic Forging Press, by James Batson. @

Handbook of Management and Organization for the Knifemaker, by Jerry Fisk. @

VIDEOS

Center Cross Video, by Gene Osborn
www.centercross.com

Loveless Legend, by Robert Loveless. *
Great visual on the Loveless method of making knives.

Hollow Grinding, by Johnny Stout.@

Flat Grinding, by Harvey Dean.@

Forging Damascus: How to Make Pattern Welded Blades, by Jim Hrisoulas. *

Mokume Gane in the Small Shop, by Steve Midgett.

Fowler Knife Making Techniques, by Ricky Fowler.

The Wire Damascus Hunting Knife, by Wayne Goddard.

Making of a Knife, by William Moran, Jr. @

Damascus, by William Moran, Jr. @

Handles, Guards, and Sheaths, by William Moran, Jr. @

Knife Care, by Jerry Fisk @

* Available at www.amazon.com
@ Available from American Bladesmith Society at www.americanbladesmith.com

Last edited:
Great set of links but the rapidshare thing really sucks. I got one download and now it is telling me I have to wait 30 minutes until I can do another one. At this rate I will have them downloaded by the end of summer.

Does anyone have those on another site that will just allow you to download them without all the fuss or having to buy their service?

Thanks
Greebe

Great set of links but the rapidshare thing really sucks. I got one download and now it is telling me I have to wait 30 minutes until I can do another one. At this rate I will have them downloaded by the end of summer.

Does anyone have those on another site that will just allow you to download them without all the fuss or having to buy their service?

Thanks
Greebe

You can google search the title with ".pdf"
or the title with "torrent"

or
take that title to Amazon, Barnes and Noble and buy the book and wait a week or 2 for delivery.

and I can't resist saying this - if you haven't got the patience to get those downloads, hand finishing a knife is going to just about kill you ...

Last edited:
and I can resist saying this - if you haven't got the patience to get those downloads, hand finishing a knife is going to just about kill you ...

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that these have been provided here. However not wanting to have to wait 50 minutes between downloads, and spending all day doing it has, little relevance to having patience for knife making. In fact I build many more complicated things in my machine shop than knives which would be a testament to my patience.

BTW: Thanks for the zipped CCF tomahawk videos. I emailed him asking for them after they were lost to Youtube and not even he had them to share.

BTW: Thanks for the zipped CCF tomahawk videos. I emailed him asking for them after they were lost to Youtube and not even he had them to share.

You're welcome.

He took down the whole account.
I suspect he thought it was increasing competition, or people trying it for themselves instead of buying.

That 4 jaw scrolling chuck is something, I've never seen one in person.

You're welcome.

That 4 jaw scrolling chuck is something, I've never seen one in person.

I remember seeing that video on Youtube but is does not appear to be in the zip file you provided.

Yeah the 4 jaw scroll chuck are not used in many shops. I predominately use a 4 jaw independent chuck and a Bison Set-Tru 5C collet chuck. Sometimes for quick jobs I will use one of my 3 jaw scroll chucks.

Any chance I Would be able to get all the videos uncut?

Thanks
Greebe

The videos you see are unedited by me.
I left some out, to meet the upload file size limit.
I can't find the files - HD failure.

Last edited:
Back