Online Knife making books on Google

Review, no links

http://www.amazon.com/Lockback-Knife-Design-Completed-Folding/dp/076433509X/

The Lockback Knife: From first Design to Completed Folding Spiral-bound – April 28, 2010
by Stefan Steigerwald, Peter Fronteddu (Author)

81A-Ktd-5SL.jpg

I like this book, it's a quality item

The photo work is outstanding.
Many many clear colour photos of the processes in clear orderly steps

There is an average more than two photos per page, huge clear perfect colour photos
This book is more like reading a forum WIP thread than a how-to text book

It shows more than one way to do things depending on your materials, tools and skills.

the authors
Stefan Steigerwald, Peter Fronteddu are not native English speakers
The end page notes "Translated from the German by Christine Elliston.

All the measurement and threads referred to are in metric

It's well written and edited, just that the rhythm of text is a bit awkward, or formal in some spots.

It's in a floppy spine wire ring soft cover binding that may have pages tearout, but it does lie flat and open.

It's good
It's worth the money
I will buy the other books by the same authors

To cool! I love $50 knife shop! A man after my own heart. His bench grinder is just like my current spindle sander, an old washing machine motor.

Of course, if I buy the book, it'll be a $68 knife shop:)

To cool! I love $50 knife shop! A man after my own heart. His bench grinder is just like my current spindle sander, an old washing machine motor.

Of course, if I buy the book, it'll be a $68 knife shop:)

Hey All,

I came across a great book on metallurgy that really helped put things into perspective without needing a background in materials science.

"Steel Metallurgy for the Non-Metallurgist" John D. Verhoeven

I found a copy at a university or college library.
They are all connected, plus the regional librarys are connected, ask at your local and you can get it free, or a small fee.

I found it as an Ebook on line too http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/d/34842-1/Steel+Metallurgy+for+the+Non-Metallurgist.pdf
However the nice colour graphs and drawings are in the endpages and not in this

I'll add this here

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a link to a free copy of (The Lockback Knife Folding Knife From Design To Completion)

Thank you all for the links.

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone have a link to a free copy of (The Lockback Knife Folding Knife From Design To Completion)

Thank you all for the links.

Read all the links in the thread.

There is a link where you can see it on Scribed to help you with the decision to buy.

It's a good book, well worth the price.

The photos are so much clearer in the printed book.

Back