Ontario Knife Pics!

CAM05801_zpscfqwswjg.jpg

Genuinely curious, what's the advantage of having the hex-nut zip-tied to the blade? Thanks!

Also, won't ask a question without contributing something of my own :D

Here's my OKC Vulpine. Only bought it about 6 weeks ago, but it has already become one of my mainstays in the field:

jVGGAuS.jpg

MXwx4SC.jpg

NJSiDCn.jpg

9SDrN9Q.jpg

The scout-carry sheath is new, as is the botched stripping of the finish (although I've come to enjoy the faded look as opposed to a clean blade. It adds character). The handle wrap uses OD Green 750 and a variation on the strider wrap. The lanyard utilizes a piece of Fall Camo 550 wrapped in a cobra knot and finished with a diamond knot. I let the ends hang loose, strip the inner threads, and let the cord sheath fray naturally over time.

Let me know what you guys think! :D

Genuinely curious, what's the advantage of having the hex-nut zip-tied to the blade? Thanks!

More reliable than just a Zip-Tie

CAM05803_zpsdu1m2bki.jpg

After some failures got this recommendations from a member at another forum, found out it was more "catchy" and worked better while not having any additional penalty/drawback other than the added width and weight

CAM04303_zpssflikdow.jpg

More reliable than just a Zip-Tie

CAM05803_zpsdu1m2bki.jpg

After some failures got this recommendations from a member at another forum, found out it was more "catchy" and worked better while not having any additional penalty/drawback other than the added width and weight

CAM04303_zpssflikdow.jpg

I suppose what I'm asking is what is the point of the zip tie OR the hex nut.. I feel it's a silly question, but I am curious.

I suppose what I'm asking is what is the point of the zip tie OR the hex nut.. I feel it's a silly question, but I am curious.
It's for wave assisted opening. You tube a vid of it. Basically as you pull the folder out the nut or zip tie or what have you ends up catching the rim of the pocket and pulling the blade open so as you withdraw the folder yu deploy it simultaneously. Makes for a marked improvement for self defence, saves you a few seconds of time and opens straight into a reverse grip

This one is easily over 10 years old. It belonged to my cousin who lived in AZ that passed away, sadly before I got to really know him. I had no idea he was so into guns. I've basically followed in his footsteps, and I think we would have really gotten along if he was still around. I take this knife with me sometimes when I go shooting, and I'll stick it into a log in view of the action so he can hopefully still be a part of it somehow...

I also keep it under my mattress, in case an unwelcome guest in my house needs a limb removed in the middle of the night. It's razor sharp!

jCpkkDZ.jpg

A peach among the lemons!Mid '80's 498,she was a little rusty when found.So I dismantled her,painted the tang,guard and pommel,then reassembled.Painted the handle as well,but left the blade naked.All tight and scary sharp!Lemons are adding their own patina.Love it!

Last edited:
How did U remove the pommel?
A peach among the lemons!Mid '80's 498,she was a little rusty when found.So I dismantled her,painted the tang,guard and pommel,then reassembled.Painted the handle as well,but left the blade naked.All tight and scary sharp!Lemons are adding their own patina.Love it!
How did u remove the pommel

Back