Ontario "Swords of black wind"

I noticed last month that the price on the Ontario blackwind swords just had a major price decrease at the distributor.
I don't know if that means they're just slow sellers or being discontinued.
Mike, do you know anything about it?
I'm not sure if it showed up at the retail level yet but with katana wholesaling around $55 it might be worth grabbing a couple to beat up.

When they first came out I bouth 24 of each of the odd balls and 36 each of the Katanas and Wakizashis. After 6 months Ontario agreed to take back what I did not sell which was quite a bit. They are not bad but they were over priced for what they where at the time. Now it seams the price is right on them.

I would suggest you buy one and put a different handle on it if you have the ability.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
All sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

Hmmm me thinks that's doable, re-handle would work for me! might pick one up, Tom do you know where there available at, at this reduced price?

Thanks,
G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

You're right about the handle Mike.
A buddy of mine just took off the cord and added some thin wood scales and re wrapped it. feels great and doesn't take any special skill.

Could you point us in the right direction for these. Who has them at a decent price?

------------------
~~TOM~~

Has anyone actually played with one of these. I am curious about steel quality and temper levels.

You can get any model from 1SKS you like. Call or email for pricing.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
All sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!

Oddly enough, Cabelas has the katana version of these swords (both the short and long versions) for..., I think I paid about $65.

Look under machetes in their catalog
smile.gif

And, btw..., you *definitely need to rehandle it. With that thin, slippery nylon cord handle, it's like trying to hold on to a snake.

How are these swords compared to the Kris
cutlery katanas? I was thinking about getting
a Kris but for $60 I might go with the ontario

[This message has been edited by RussB (edited 08-11-2000).]

Go with your first inclination. Although Kris Cutlery's stuff isn't completely traditional it is a lot more so then the blackwind stuff. Looks a lot better too in my opinion.

Back