Open Discussion Thread

It appears the my IG account has been hacked....Not sure what to do because the IG help/support, ain't helping OR supporting. Perhaps someone or everyone who is in my contacts should be prudent and block and/or report this account...varga49...This SH*T sucks but please be careful and do not accept anything from this account

It appears the my IG account has been hacked....Not sure what to do because the IG help/support, ain't helping OR supporting. Perhaps someone or everyone who is in my contacts should be prudent and block and/or report this account...varga49...This SH*T sucks but please be careful and do not accept anything from this account
What were the signs Douglas? I’m having issues posting or getting uploads. ???

What were the signs Douglas? I’m having issues posting or getting uploads. ???
If those issues began today, it might just be the platform. Facebook, which owns IG, announced they were working to resolve an issue causing people to have trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps.

Over in the Fiddleback subforum, it was suggested that IG had a massive breach. I'm a little skeptical. Normally, the media is all over something like that, and I haven't found anything about it.

Nevertheless, as varga49 varga49 suggested, if you ever suspect any account may have been compromised, change your password immediately. Also, don't use the same password for different accounts/systems.

If those issues began today, it might just be the platform. Facebook, which owns IG, announced they were working to resolve an issue causing people to have trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps.

Over in the Fiddleback subforum, it was suggested that IG had a massive breach. I'm a little skeptical. Normally, the media is all over something like that, and I haven't found anything about it.

Nevertheless, as varga49 varga49 suggested, if you ever suspect any account may have been compromised, change your password immediately. Also, don't use the same password for different accounts/systems.
Thanks Robbie. That’s exactly what is happening. Appreciate the insight my friend.

Sounds familiar... as soon as I realized something was up, I tried to change my password and at least temporarily disable and even deactivate my account, all to no avail. It was too late. I did change my associated email address password..fun fun fun

Last edited:
Back