Open for Viewing

A good cause and effort deserves a good response. Glad you could use some of it. LT

Hey Dale I have been wondering where ya be. Good to hear from you. The problem was trying to figure out how to send more than a few brochures at a time. Then it dawned on me that I had been filling floppys with my mavica camera for several years so into a box they went. serving two purposes getting a lot of info to him and giving me a few more inchs of room in the house. Hope all is well. LT

59 floppies; 1291 pictures.... Talk about going amok.
yee ha!

Never do anything small. Hopefully someone out there will dig in and make that look like chicken feed. Entirely my pleasure your doing a great job. LT

Very nice Larry...:thumbup: :thumbup:

Could you please leave a folding knife sheath at the top of Paul's corner? :D Just kidding, of course.

Bill

Im trying, but its gonna be tough.
We need Paul to make us a few more folders.
TTYL
Larry

Hi: ANYONE.......I have a Schrade Extreme...SCBT02....tactical knife it has a black granite finish. It is 11 &1/4"overall the blade is 6 & 1/8" w/3" serration on bottom closest to handle , the top is a saw except the first 1&7/8" is micro serrated.The handle is black rubber w/SCHRADE down the center,and has a dead blow pummel w/ lanyard hole. The hilt is stamped Schrade on one side and USA on the other .ANYONE know when this knife was made, how long a production estimated value?....any INFO would be appreciated..THX...Hogdog>>>>My email is...hawgdog1@sbcglobal.net:confused: :confused:

I'm a little confused by your model number, but let me try here, hogdog.

Shown in the photo are three of the 'Big and bad' Imperial and Schrades. To the left is the M7S survival, tang marked 'Imperial'. A take-off on the M7 bayonet which Imperial was one of the contractors for. Came about during the 'Rambo movie' years, what was that, mid-late 70s?

The center knife is a Schrade DBL2. Again, a take-off on both the M7 bayo and the Imperial M7S... Ths knife has some of the absolute sharpest serrations I've ever seen (felt- it drew blood) on any knife. The fine serrations near the tip is actually a file. Carbon steel, of course, just as the M7 / M7S is. The sheath is to the right, it has a neat sharpening stone afixed to the back of it. Otherwise, I find the sheath pretty much lacking.

The knife to the right is the BTO1.. the 'Extreme Survival'. It's got it all, the best parts of the M7S (pockets on the sheath, hammer and nail puller pommel, a decent saw-back, wire stripper notch, and the fine handle from the DBL2. It is made of hammer forged stainless steel. I will not bother here showing off the BTO1's brother, the 'bomb tech'; it is the same as the BTO, just has a chisel tip instead of a point and a slightly different sheath.

I bought my DBL2 back in 2000, brand new, so it was at least being made then. Maybe one of the other guys will know the correct dates.

Welcome to our forum!

bigschrades.jpg

Just finished taking a look at your site here Michael... way cool!!!! A wealth of info for the novice. Like me... THANKS!!!

I have a 162 and a 164 I bought as OTs. They don't say UH or OT, they say Schrade USA LTD. They have wood handles not the ones that the UHs show to have, so are they OTs or UHs?

The 162UH Woverine and the 164UH Badger were both Staglon Delrin handled Uncle Henry Signature Series knives from their inception in 1982. Neither had an Old Timer version. But...the LTD knives were just that, intended to be limited editions (using the UH pattern blades). Quite a few of these knives have surfaced from the WIP bought when Schrade went through the forced bankruptcy sale in October of 2004. We don't know yet what these limited editions were supposed to be shielded and etched as.... possibly the Ducks Unlimited series, or Federal Duck Stamp, or maybe even Schrade 100th Anniversary issues. While DU series knives were made with oak handles, maple was also used, and walnut also for other ltd and sfo knives. These are usually Fibron impregnated (Phenolic resins) for stability, a feature which dates back to at least the 1950's with Stratawood, then the 1960's with Wonda-Wood, and then dyamond wood. Look at some of the Schrade Craftsman knives, or the Schrade LB series. Both had treated wood handles.

Codger

A Fantastic reference site and very much appreciated !! :thumbup:

Finally.. a high-res picture of a 130T (I saw one in a shop in early '80's and had to have it)
Still have it, unused, and the original box and paperwork and receipt somewhere..

Added to it since with an SP3 (daily use for years) and more recently a 150T, 60T, and 2 x 152OT's. (all new old stock)

Keep up the great work.

Glad you enjoyed it, Musical. Please don't be a stranger here, new friends and members alway welcome.
Phil

Musical,
Thanks for the comments.
If you'd like to have me set up a display corner for your collection, please contact me at lrvickery@comcast.net. We never get tired of looking and best of all its free!
Thanks again,
Larry

A great resource, especially for a noobie like me. Thanks for all the hard work.

Back