Open for Viewing

Larry,

As a new Schrade USA Collector; I have found your website to be a wealth of knowledge and I truly thank you for all of the hard work you have put into this living and breathing site.

Thank You Tremendously,

Tom Chase
Freedumb06

A couple weeks ago Eric forwarded me 3 pages he found about the Reynolds Prince Albert knife offering. It is the first set of documents I've seen with all 3 knives used in the offering. Dennis and I used a host of sources when we did our research. I'll be adding them to the PA documents on the web page but here is a preview.
Thanks again to Eric for thinking about sharing this with us.

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/BFdisplay/rj1.jpg
http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/BFdisplay/rj2.jpg
http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/BFdisplay/rj3.jpg

P.S. The originals were on blue paper which didn't scan well so for display I converted to B & W.

Last edited:
Cool! So by these communications from Nick, it seems that at least a portion of the components for the Ulster P.A. knives were produced at the Imperial plant in Providence, Rhode Island!

Michael

Cool! So by these communications from Nick, it seems that at least a portion of the components for the Ulster P.A. knives were produced at the Imperial plant in Providence, Rhode Island!

Michael

That makes perfect sense that they were assembled at the Schrade plant.
While I have not taken a 58OT apart, I think they are made with the Swinden Key. All of mine have no visible pivot pin.
Does anyone have info to the contrary?

If they are made with Swinden construction, they would have had to be assembled by Schrade as they were the only company that had the Swinden machinery.

The one exception is a 58OT I have with shell construction.
I imagine Imperial made it.

Dale

Michael

Michael and Larry, I've found what seems to be a piece of the answer, although vague (as usual :confused: )

2na1oat.jpg

The above is from a communication regarding the expansion of the Ellenville plant, circa Aug 24, 1972.

Before the Channel Master plant became available, there were serious plans afoot to add 30,000 square feet to the existing plant on Canal Street, and apparently retain the Providence plant as well. Of course, as we know, that all changed in a matter of eight years :D:D

This is all I've got regarding that phase of Schrade's history. Wish I had some info on that December meeting!

Eric

Last edited:
I love it when the little pieces start to fill in the puzzle..
Great work Eric
Thanks

......verrryyy interesttiinngg...my Dear Watson.....why do I always feel like its more like an autopsy we're conducting.......Excellent work Eric. Hoo Roo

The above is from a communication regarding the expansion of the Ellenville plant, circa Aug 24, 1972.

Before the Channel Master plant became available, there were serious plans afoot to add 30,000 square feet to the existing plant on Canal Street, and apparently retain the Providence plant as well. Of course, as we know, that all changed in a matter of eight years :D:D

This is all I've got regarding that phase of Schrade's history. Wish I had some info on that December meeting!

Eric

Eric,
Do you know what year that would have been?
Toward the end of each year Schrade had a big sales meeting where they went through their plans for the upcoming year. The agenda, new products, catalogs and other info was all put in a 3-ring binder for each of the participants. I have one or two of these and they are a wealth of information. I think Larry has these binders for most of the years. They also sent a copy to Camillus and Tom Williams has those copies.
If we knew the year perhaps Larry could search the binder for that year and see if it was discussed at that meeting.

Dale

open for viewing.
A few of you have had a preview of this little task of mine and now I need the rest of you to give it the trial run. Got final permissions tonight
Any problems you find, send me an e-mail dont use up bladeforums space for that. Its a centralized viewing place. Nothing for sale. A few grovels.
GO look.
www.Collectors-of-Schrades-R.us

It now a registered domain. Lots of storage space.

I know this is an old thread, but it's new to me. I'm excited about getting the chance to browse through all the old Schrade information present there.
Thanks for putting this together. :D
-Bruce

Bruce,
Enjoy the site. Let us know if you have any questions.
Larry

Dave,
It sure looks like one I don't have!
Please do send me a scan for the site.
Thanks!!!

Back