Open house / SC. guild planning meeting

The Ga. custom knife makers guild was instrumental in helping me get my start in an effort to pay back some of that kindness I would like to host an open house at the shop (late Jan or early feb) we will do some demos, have a local place bring BBQ, give like mined people a chance to net work and talk about the possibility of forming a SC. custom knife makers guild. if you rate interested in make the trip to Greenville sound off below so we can get an idea of weather this might work.

Color me interested, but starting a new job this coming week and my last class come January. Add the typical family/life stuff onto that & it makes it hard to commit.

I would like to come Dan. AND our next meeting is at Scott Davidsons. Since you are this close, I expect you to be there. Also, please bring those boys to Trackrock. I'm glad to hear you're back in the South.

Also, please change your location on your profile also. It still says 'frigid liberal waste' on your location.

Sounds awesome! wish it wasn't on the other side of the country, but I could be there in "spirits" aka send a bottle of vodker your way :D

I would like to come Dan. AND our next meeting is at Scott Davidsons. Since you are this close, I expect you to be there. Also, please bring those boys to Trackrock. I'm glad to hear you're back in the South.

Also, please change your location on your profile also. It still says 'frigid liberal waste' on your location.

Thanks andy, I was planing on going down to Alto. I had forgotten about tack rock that would be a good trip for them

As that it is already med Feb, I have missed that window. I will sit down with the Reliance leather works guys this weekend and we will pick a date and start getting things rolling. it will be a Saturday with about 9-10 start time, we will have BBQ available, So far I will do a demo on bolstered handles, Reliance will do a simple tooling demo and a basic sheath build, we are also talking to a local metallurgist about doing a talk talking on meths and facts in heat treat. If there are some other things you would like to see pleas let us know

After much arranging of schedual we have decided on April 9 for the open house. Pleas RSVP at orders@dogwoodcustomknives.com so we can get a head count for food. We will have both knife and leather demos. Come out join us check out the shop and meet some like minded people.

Last edited:
Back