opeRATion eRATication . . . Huh??? . . . What does that mean?. . . .

images

See what happens when you chew on ears?

I'm thinking this sounds like a friendly competition between Hogs, Rats, and Dogs where each has chosen to prototype a Knife or Death blade (maybe from the Bossman's post or other designs not yet made public) and they'll offer the winner up for sale. May the best steel win!

opeRATion eRATication = Jerry's trash talking that the Hogs are gonna win this by eliminating the Rats who must be the most vocal opposing trash talkers.
Chewing up wires = testing the knives on wires (and other materials)
Hogs are ready for battle = fight (competition)
Dogs are in it to win it = competition
Shop smells like the swamp it was built on = a lot of ish talking or a lot of grinding going on.

Last edited:
'RAT' acronym stands for 'Rough Aggressive Texture' handle, which was original to Swamp Rat line and made of textured Res-c. Howling Rat is also written twice in the original sales ad from www.swamprat.com website, ie. RAT + RAT. HOGs preparing for Battle equals Busse 'Battle Grade' which is SR-101 so suggests SR-101 + smelly Res-c which Swamp was founded on. Also, the name Howling Rat is interesting in that I have never heard of a rat being able to howl, but Dogs do howl. Suggests we will see more Scrap Yard SR-101 perhaps??? I also predict this will sell for the original $88.95 selling price from the original.... :eek:

opeRATion eRATication ? ? ? ? ?

. . . . Seriously, what does that mean? ? ? ? :confused: :confused: o_O

The entire Busse Shop smells like the Swamp upon which it was built!!!!:eek:

Rats are everywhere. . . gnawing on wires. . . tearing everything up!!!!:eek:

The HOGs are preparing for battle!!!. . . . . And the Dogs are barking that they are in this to win it!!!:cool:

Let's Drink!!!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

howlingratsm.jpg

Howling Rat - $88.95
The Howling Rat brings the cutting power of SR-101 to a smaller, user-friendly format. The double convex edge and excellent grind geometry, make for an incredibly efficient slicer. The RAT (Rough Aggressive Texture) handle is fully sculpted and provides for an excellent, non-slip grip in any position and any climactic condition. The Resiprene C handle insulates the hand from the full-length steel tang in cold climates.

The Howling Rat makes a great field knife for military, law enforcement, rescue personnel, and avid outdoorsmen. Whether employed as a hunter, a small trail knife, or as a general utility blade, this knife will deliver enormous levels of cutting power and over the top toughness.

Howling Rat specs:

Blade Steel Blade Length Overall Hardness Thickness Handle Price
SR101
4-1/2" 9" 58-60 Rc Approx. 3/16" Resiprene C $88.95

I would poop myself. I've got a few in mind that I'd immediately order. They'd probably have to do a limit per year per customer to avoid another closing.
I have at least two I'd like to get done . Hopefully it will reopen in 2020. I wasn't here for when it was open

I have at least two I'd like to get done . Hopefully it will reopen in 2020. I wasn't here for when it was open
Yeah that would be awesome. I was here early enough to have had the opportunity to have purchased some Custom Shop blades while the shop was open but still too much of a piglet to understand what an opportunity that really was.

hope everything is ok at the shop. don't think it's ever been the much time after a preliminary announcement.

I’m considering picking up one of the recent RMD’s that I missed out on from the exchange, but I’m keeping the powder dry for this possibly impending announcement. In other words, I’m suffering from a severe case of cutstipation.

Last edited:
I’m considering picking up one of the recent RMD’s that I missed out on from the exchange, but I’m keeping the powder dry for this possibly impending announcement. In other word, I’m suffering from a severe case of cutstipation.
This is where I'm at. Paralyzed by indecision about what to buy. Several that I want to get but also don't want to miss the chance at what's coming (hopefully)

Edited for fat fingers

I’m considering picking up one of the recent RMD’s that I missed out on from the exchange, but I’m keeping the powder dry for this possibly impending announcement. In other words, I’m suffering from a severe case of cutstipation.
The Infimandu FHFG is a must have.

Back