Opinion needed

Under the BF's rules should the seller honor my request to send it back to him or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So heres the deal. Bought a non knife item off the forums here. A belt to be exact. Marked 44", my current gun belts are marked 42 and 44" respectively and work perfect but they are plain belts and the one I purchased off here has a bit of fancy stitching. Long story short the belt I bought doesn't work, as in I can't get it buckled. I was assuming that because it was marked 44" it was measured from the middle hole on the belt and not total length.

I want to send it back but the fella is saying he doesn't offer returns cause he is not a retail business. Now it was only 35 bucks so not a lot of dough. Basically he said don't attempt to send it back. I thought the rules here were pretty clear in that if both parties weren't satisfied with the transaction then it is null and void. Well I am not satisfied so I'd like to send it back. What say all of you? Do I have the right to send it back to him or not?

If the seller doesn’t accept returns, he should have stated that so the potential buyer would know this before purchasing the item. Secondly, if this is BF’s policy he should abide by the rules since the item was sold here.

There is nothing in the rules that requires a seller to accept a return...though some sellers will, just to keep everything friendly.

I haven't looked for the ad in question; sp i don't know if wording/phrasing was part of the problem. You said it was marked 44" - with something of that nature, I likely would have expected that to be the length; but, with sized items, I generally confirm the details to be sure. (At that point, I probably would have asked about the option of returning if it doesn't fit.)

I understand from your post that you feel the belt was mislabeled. As a buyer, I doubt that I would pursue this

Okay, I decided to look up the ad; now I feel compelled to address this part:
I was assuming that because it was marked 44" it was measured from the middle hole on the belt and not total length.
Why? The ad text was pretty specific
48 inches long
Buckle Turn to Last Hole 44 1/2 inches
Marked as a 44
1 11/16 inches wide

Belt wasn't mislabled it is marked 44", but that is the length of the belt to the first hole and not how you measure a belt for proper fit especially with a gun. I assumed last hole was the last one you would buckle to on the belt.

My gun belts are marked 42" and a couple 44" depending on how I am carrying my handgun. The longer belts work better for iwb carry cause I can cinch them up correctly and my pants won't sag on one side on me. I asked if he thought it would be ok to carry a heavier revolver outside on the pants and he thought so except for like a .500 mag or something like that.

Also I think I was wrong when I stated both parties need to satisfied with the deal/transaction or trade. So there ya go.

Last edited:
Irregardless of the issue at hand, I don't think you should vote in your own poll. It will skew the results.

The listing might have been a bit clearer, but if he's not taking it back you have two options: sell it/gift it away or keep it until it does fit.

The seller refunded my funds minus shipping and I will donate belt to the VVA. So please close this thread and poll etc.

The seller refunded you but you still keep his belt or what? Otherwise which belt do you plan to donate?

Hate yo say the obvious but it looks like his ad is clear but you midread or misunderstand it. And there is no BF rule that says the seller must accept returns.

I plan on donating the belt he sent me that doesn't fit me. He said to do whatever with it so as a matter of fact the belt didn't go to the VVA but the clothing bin at a church on the way to our local Wegmans this a.m. Buckle that came with it went too along with the plastic grocery bag it came in. You're right there is no rule on refunds in the rules. Asked the mods to close the thread due to the refund.

It can be hard to buy clothes through the computer. Sometimes in a store, I will see if something fits before I buy it.

The seller sells a lot of clothing related items on the Exchange. One would think he may have had this problem before considering the variation in sizes from manufacturer to manufacturer. He made it right, that's important.--KV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back