Opinions on the KOENIG Arius?

I'm just questioning the $605 price.
So far as I can tell, the market is easily supporting that price point. I think there is a fair bit more CNC time in an Arius, just in the fully contoured frame with the internal milling and weight relief. Which contributes to the much smaller production totals that keep demand way up.

I haven’t ever been tempted by CRKs, personally. Even a $400 pocket knife is much more luxury than necessity, though.
For me, the price is easily justified.
My precious! I’m up to 4 now. :D
8Za2lrR.jpg

I think its bulky, the action and finish are top notch, but it feels like a bigger knife in the pocket, the mini Arius should be a winner

Can anyone tell me what gen arius came in the non flipper?
I’m not real up on this “gen” distinction some get so hung up on. The first M390 run is gen 3? I believe that is when they became regular production, there were a few one offs that preceded that by a good bit.
OxxDacD.jpg

I think it's kind of bulky too. Fit, finish, and action are great, just wow. It's a big knife, a little too big for a pocket knife. Or at least what I need. It does feel great in the hand. It's asking to do big knife things like a pick up truck, but it's fine like a Rolls Royce. And I just couldn't beat it up like it was asking for at that price. If I need that much knife, I'll grab a fixed blade. I loved it, but I was never going to carry it and use it, so I sold it.

I am looking forward to the mini Arius, that might be the sweet spot.

Back