Opinions on the Victorinox Pioneer Swiss Army Knife.

There are a few 74mm alox models too with scissors, like the Money Clip.

Last edited:
Vic Alox Pioneer is my FAVORITE Swiss Army Knife. Love it to pieces, has all of the tools I want with me for an average day in my life, I do supplement it with a Vic Classic on the keys so I also have scissors tweezers and toothpick on me without having to pick a larger SAK that has those as well. Pioneer is awesome. As someone said before, buy 3.

IMG_8848.jpg

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_9005.jpg

Here it is in a typical pocket dump for me:
IMG_8865.jpg

the Black Pioneer is my FAVORITE main blade SAK. Usually people like to use the cadet or prioneer as a backup to a folder but because of the Pioneer's bigger more stout blade, I consider it a primary knife and not a back up. I love that even though the blade is slightly more stout, it still comes in a thin light weight package that will last you for as long as you live.

In this pic is also a Microstream, which I so consider my favorite light of all time. Yes there are bigger, more expensive lights, but its simplicity, and relentless durability is second to none for me.

I wanted to like mine but it's a bit too big for a slipjoint for me. More troubling, the blade's lockup is a bit mushy- my Alox Solo is much better. My favorite SAK is the small Tinker.
Mine was the same why when I got it. It seems like it was put together to tight on the blade end of the knife. I didn't want to send it back, I stuck a flat head screwdriver in there and wiggled it a bit. Took a bit of doing, but I got it the way I like now.

Back