• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Opticsplanet.com

Hey guys just a quick warning, i checked the net to find a spydiechef. Ofc nowhere to be found EXCEPT on opticsplanet.com.
The website said in stock so this was the first red flag for me. I messaged them and asked about this. They told me this order is on the way and spyderco spyderco themself told them the ETA is 3 weeks. Now i i know thats garbage becouse i asked knivesandtools, lamnia, dlt, and spyderco themself and they told me there is no ETA. So im 99% sure this is a load of shit so beware guys!

Cheers dimi

I was on the hunt for a Spyderco Smock and Opticsplanet was the only one with it. Same scenario, but if you clicked "check availability" you'd see it was on back order even though you could still add to cart.

Gotta watch out for sites like that. It's why I only shop at select dealers. They'll at least tell you if it's in stock and some even show quantities.

Happy ending, DLT had a shipment of Smock's and I scored one. :thumbsup:

I would encourage anyone thinking of shopping at OpticsPlanet to do a quick Google. You will find a plethora of BBB complaints and unhappy buyers. Though they haven't stolen anyone's money per se, they aren't particularly forthcoming in regards to their inventory status.

Thankfully, the two orders I had with them were received and in good time. It wasn't until afterwards that I learned of their spurious reputation.

Use caution indeed.

They seem to have too large a inventory to be true.

Last edited:
Back