Options other than Teklok

Hey all!!!! BLADE IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!
I need to pick you guys brains. I need an option for Tekloks for my sheaths. It’s becoming harder and harder to find the genuine thing with all the Chinese crap out there. Options guys? Thanks for all your input and your help,be safe out there and enjoy !!!
Jim
DBKnives

Thank you for that, I have started using blade tech for all of that application now.I’m wondering are there any other alternatives to a tech lock system that might be a few bucks less?

I have allways got mine from knife kits and I never really thought thy where that overly priced at $12 I think it was. Just use it as a selling point. The few bucks you will save going cheep is not worth it when a customer looses a blade or asks you to replace a busted one. People buy custom knives because we hold ourselves to a higher standard then the production guys that do whatever thy can to save a buck or two.

Talk to Julio Diez about his belt loop press for Kydex. I recently picked up one from him and it makes a belt loop formed up fast and easy. It’s not cheap but is a lifetime type tool that will free you up from having to search for other options that seem to simply go up in price every time a reorder is needed.
https://diezknives.com/

Criminy! $300 definitely qualifies as “not cheap!”:eek:

What would 30 Tek Loks cost? The press is a lifetime of belt loops perfectly molded and will pay for itself pretty fast. I know I may sound like a salesman but the press works! I love mine!

My thought is a ten-lok is much more then just a belt lock. My customers love that thy dont have to take there belt off to put it on.

I'm a big fan of the Tek-Lok's - the MINI ones. And yes, being able to take the knife off without removing the belt is a huge plus.
There are a number of single-loops holster-related items available online. I've purchased some, but for how I like to carry, the Tek-Lok still works best.

I know it's not exactly a teklok or whatever rip off is available, but I create and form my own belt clip for my sheaths. If I do it a certain way, the customer can swap between vertical and horizontal carry. It can also be switched to the other side of the sheath for lefties, so no need to worry about that... Here's an example:

https://i.imgur.com/B56sAGv.jpg

Not a Tec-Lok style, but I really like the Spyderco G-Clips and Cold Steel C-Clips. Both designed by BladeForums own Mike Sastre. I really like that they allow me to used them on belts and waistbands. They are the only style belt clips I use now.

Back