Orbitkey 2.0 Review for Folks as Silly as Me.

I thought I would share this with my Bladeforum Friends so as to possibly save them some time and some $. Yes, I’m a silly bugger, clearly!

Well, you learn something new everyday.
Question; if you make leather stuff, why didn't you make one yourself? :eek:

Ya, I just wanted to have a look at one, particularly their hardware. That’s why I got the extra hardware— I’m going to make one out of Horween Shell Cordovan when I have the time. But in fact I’ll likely just use hardware I’ve seen others use in videos on YouTube as their hardware bloody well freezes every time it’s tightened, as I said.

Last edited:
Man, that was some seriously poor costumer service... I find that even more outrageous considering how overpriced those pieces look to me.
Sorry that you had to go through that, and thank you for letting us know.

Man, that was some seriously poor costumer service... I find that even more outrageous considering how overpriced those pieces look to me.
Sorry that you had to go through that, and thank you for letting us know.

Cheers. I didn’t want to dump on them completely. They did make an effort. But some small companies just don’t have the background in customer service expertise. They need to learn— just bite the bullet and take the loss and keep the damn customer happy. It’s a pain in the arse sometimes, but it comes back to you in positive reviews. If they’d immediately said they were going to pop a new one in the mail for me, “and by the way how about a new color”, I would have been much happier. Regardless, either way I’m not happy with the product. Oh well! Such is life. I paid way too much and that’s just my foolishness!! Thanks for your kind reply.

Looks like garage to me, my very first thought would be to make my own with a scrap of leather and a Chicago screw.

Btw as far as I know Top grain is in fact the leather you want, but there are some skilled professional leather workers here that would definitely know better than me.

Looks like garage to me, my very first thought would be to make my own with a scrap of leather and a Chicago screw.

Btw as far as I know Top grain is in fact the leather you want, but there are some skilled professional leather workers here that would definitely know better than me.

Thanks. But Nope. Full grain is the natural hide in unadulterated form. Shell Cordovan is particularly beautiful horsehide leather that comes from the rump of the horse.

Back