ORCA8589 Stroke Update

Hello Friends, Customers, and Acquaintances of Chris Roles (ORCA8589):

You may have noticed that he has not posted to any of the forums for about a month. Unfortunately, he suffered a moderate stroke on the 10th of January. He is recovering, but progress is a bit slow (especially for an anxious wife and worried son). I know how much he enjoys this forum, and how many of you he has formed close friendships with (about as close as one can get over the internet), so I wanted to let you all know. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, he will fully recover before too long and you will once again be regaled with his humor, wisdom, common sense, and his seemingly inexhaustible supply of knives (I keep finding them stashed everywhere).

Much Regards,
Norma Roles (Mrs. Orca)
Longsuffering Wife of a Knife-Obsessed Man

My prayers for his speedy recovery and swift return to the forums.

My mother had a stroke 9 years ago where she couldn't talk or walk initially, but she has come about 95% back. She has a loss of pain/heat sensors in one arm and difficulty spelling some words. Doing everything the PTs tell him to do (and just a little bit extra) is important to recovery.

Please give Chris our warmest, sincerest wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. There will definitely be a lot of prayer headed his way.

...and Norma, there's going to be a certain amount of prayer headed your way, too. Both for you as the chief nurse and also as the "longsuffering wife of a knife knut".

Hi Norma - very best wishes to Chris - am sure he'll recover and be back tapping away with his posts here on BF.

Positive vibes sent to the Roles :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Smoke and prayers sent your way, Norma. Hoping for a full recovery and a new lease on life for everyone involved. :)
Mark

Wishing Chris a full and fast recovery. Hope he'll be posting again soon :thumbsup:

Jack

Best wishes and good luck for a complete recovery. My mother had a series of mild strokes several years ago. She came out of it physically a little frailer but with her mental faculties intact and has continued to live on her own and do her own thing for years.

Best wishes and a prayer for you and Chris both. Our friend and neighbor had a mild stroke six months ago, and is now walking around and even driving again. The rehab care is important. Tell Chris that we're all waiting for him to come back to our knife obsessed world.

Prayers sent for Mr. and Mrs. Orca, for a fast and complete recovery, and peace throughout the journey!

Smoke and prayers for Chris and the family. Keep us updated Norma.

Sorry to hear this Chris. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. It appears Norma has a good sense of humor which will be paramount in your healing. Your son will be a big help too. I've put you on my prayer list.

Sorry to hear of this. Prayers from NH for you guys. Wishing Chris a quick and full recovery!

Sorry to hear this, and I hope for a full and fast recovery. A friend of mine had a stroke at 34 years old, but by 8 months later there was no lasting signs that anything had happened. I wish the same for you.

Good thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly, Chris!
Best wishes Mrs. Orca!!:thumbsup:

Back