Order of the Canoe

WsBbf0J.jpg
That's a nice canoe, Travman!
Perfect spear, long northfield swedge and nail nick, with 3,5'' a very interesting size
(a little bit smaller and probably lighter than the Case versions).
I just checked the GEC knife releases and it has been nearly seven years...
Time for a comeback:)!

Sounds good to me too. Was it rootber acrylic like on the Beer Scouts?
Unfortunately I couldn't find it on their releases site,
but these two are very nice also:thumbsup: (I copied the pictures from greateasterncutlery.net).

U6QQ9jF.jpg

KagSv8J.jpg

Well heck! I looked too and can't find one.....I wonder what knife it was I saw the rootbeer acrylic on....I was sure it was one of their canoes. I'll browse the web tomorrow a bit further.

How do you like that Colt Canoe? Does it see much pocket time?

I think my Colt canoe is one of my favorites of the pattern to carry.

Ye it's a great little knife . It's not had a lot of pocket time I have far to many to choose from ;) . It's been on a couple of camping trips I like the weight of it and the feel in the hand . Especially when doing detail work
:)

That's a VERY distinctive canoe, IMHO, for a number of reasons!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
As you pointed out, a single-blade canoe is quite rare, and a barehead canoe with only one bolster is even more rare, in my experience! The back-lock and the gorgeous ram horn covers are additional features not seen often on canoes!

Thanks for showing us that champ of a canoe! :thumbsup::):cool:

That's a blue ribbon pair of canoes, Dwight; exquisite!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

TLARbb TLARbb in post 32 of this thread mentions his barehead 1-blade Mutz custom canoe, but the photo is lost to Fotobucket.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/order-of-the-canoe.1455315/page-2#post-16747567

But in post #87 @popedandy posts a pic of his 1-blade barehead Mutz:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/order-of-the-canoe.1455315/page-5#post-16770965

If you searched this thread (or other canoe threads) for "single blade", you may find more (I haven't tried it yet). ;)

- GT

My pics like a lot of other folks had the links broken when photobucket pulled their extortion and racketeering act. Here is a photo that shows what it looks like now. It's an older photo, but the first one I came across in my search...

6K4OIwk.jpg

Here's a Rough Rider white smooth bone canoe substantially enhanced with scrimshaw by @r8shell! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
The pile side is decorated in the style of a Native American canoe:
pile.jeans.jpg

The other side is a lakeside scene that will always remind me of my family's vacation rental for the past almost 30 years on Lake Huron, with wooded islands across from our cottage, herons and other various water fowl along the shore line, and human water enthusiasts in a huge variety of watercraft, including, of course, canoes!
mark.table.jpg

Thanks for making this memory enhancer for me, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT

That's a very cool variation on the canoe pattern! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
My eyes are not what they once were, but is that a Hen & Rooster shield?
Thanks for the photo, Mr. Van Laar!

- GT

What is this cool looking knife? A half canoe? Brand?
Thank you!

My pics like a lot of other folks had the links broken when photobucket pulled their extortion and racketeering act. Here is a photo that shows what it looks like now. It's an older photo, but the first one I came across in my search...

6K4OIwk.jpg

Another pattern that I've been hoping GET will release again. Since they like to do variations, that beer canoe pattern would be perfect

Back