order status and projects

Excellent! Muy pointy...I like!

You ever think of trying a persian fighter? Bet you could make a sweet, sweet...monster!

I'm being busy, got more heat treats done today and working a pile of orders.

no photos yet, but in the meantime, my son (who will be 8 on the 29th) did this.

2011-06-26_15-50-09.jpg

Okay, I'll try and get some more photos posted here soon.

NEWS:

Jessica is back to work- nursing. (She's an RN) which leaves me running the kiddos full time 3 days a week. We're not completely sure how much impact this will have on knifemaking. Based on the last week, it's possible it will be an improvement in my knives/week rate due to better scheduling.

That one got nabbed! I have to try and mail it off tomorrow.

There's a couple more of this blade floating around heat treated, I haven't done the handles up yet...... That one is maple, it's crotch cuts and makes really nice patterns. I was looking at ziricote with liners on the next one, but I'm open....

baby time, dropped jess off for a night shift, in the meatime......

11+-+4

11+-+3

11+-+1

I posted some details on google plus as it's my WIP knife for the new app.

I'm doing the handle texturing as I can.

and yes, I'm getting all the orders out as I can- the orientation schedules jess is working are pushing 55 hours much of the time right now

one of my military guys ordered this- but for general purpose reenacting: new design, another scalper based idea, fairly stiff and meaty. too sharp.

459-0005.JPG

459-0004.JPG

459-0003.JPG

459-0002.JPG

459-0001.JPG

I've been looking at various scalpers lately and it's a fun thing to get into. some nice shapes in there

proto shots of a Secret Project. This is as close as I'm likely to get to doing a kephart

FKUK-protos-003.jpg

FKUK-protos-004.jpg

FKUK-protos-005.jpg

Slimmer spearpoint that the traditional kephart, but I think there are some advantages. The shorter model will stil do excellent game duty. But I have a bit of other purposes in mind for the project. Once I have a surety of supplies and work progress I can go publico.

Back